Chapter 03

- - - - - Mum's Part - - - - -

November 9th, 2018

Love? Did he just say he loved me?

I know it was just a dream, but I'm still surprised to have heard it from a young man. I don't know. Maybe that's because no one had ever said they loved me before, either under normal circumstances or while we were having sex.

Ugh, how hallucinated you are, Mum.

Instead of wondering why you keep having the same dream with the same man in it, you're excited that he told you he loved you.

And there I go again, waking up drenched in sweats and feeling sticky damp underneath my shorts.

Another wet dream for sure.

I quickly get up and get to the wardrobe, picking a T-shirt and a new pair of shorts to get changed from what I've been wearing for the meeting in the afternoon.

Oh, right, what time is it now?

01:05 AM

It's one o'clock again. Crazy. Always the same hour.

In addition to dreaming about someone you've never known before, waking up at the same time every night is quite strange too.

Anyway, I won't think about it now unless there's a fourth time. Now I have something more exciting to be concerned about.

GAMER : man, your sis found out 'bout your fever 9:48 PM

GAMER : waen told her that you hooked up with a woman last night 9:48 PM

GAMER : don't tell your sis that i managed your date with manow 9:48 PM

GAMER : i don't wanna get scolded 9:49 PM

What?! Did he just bail out?

My guess: Mint went to Halo and asked about me. Judging by the haste in his texts, my sister must be very angry.

Oh, that little devil texts me as well, almost at the same time as my buddy. Let's see what she's gonna preach to me tonight.

Mint : I told you to be careful 9:52 PM

Mint : If you have to get hospitalized again, I'll laugh the hell outta my lungs 9:53 PM

Mint : And if I see you at the bar tmrw, you're dead. 9:53 PM

Aye, ma'am. Roger that!

Her last message sounds like a deathly threat and leaves me no choice but to obey. And since I can't go out anymore, I just try to live a normal but boring life like how a primary-schooler spent their time during semester break. I wake up at half past noon, get the towel from the wardrobe, soak it and use it to wipe my body. I turn on the TV, hoping to see some interesting shows. Then I get hungry, so I go downstairs, head straight to the convenience store under the building. I pick up a box of stir-fried sweet basil with crispy pork and omelet, and go grab a can of beer while waiting for the seller to reheat my lunch. I head straight back to my room after I paid for the stuff.

I feel a lot better now, and I guess the fever broke already, but I still take medicines as prescribed. I spend some time playing games on my phone then get up to sip on the beer at the balcony when the sunlight is dimming. At the same time, I call Ping to remind him to come and play for my replacement tonight. Before I get back into the room, I feed my lungs some smoke. And my dinner this evening is once again from that convenience store.

It doesn't take long for me to get back up to my room with a reheated box of stir-fried rice with sausages and another can of beer. After I chow it all down, I stick myself to the leather couch watching dramas on TV and checking texts from my pal from time to time.