Chapter 4

I groaned as I slowly became awake. I couldn’t tell what time it was through the overcast but I was guessing it was late in the morning. I wiped my eyes and sat up, only realizing that I had been pinned to the bed by sheets that were wrapped tightly around my body. I frowned not remembering actually getting into bed and squirmed my way to freedom. I wasn’t in pajamas, which sent a sense of relief through me. The pile of wet clothes from yesterday had been removed. Part of me felt like I had forgotten something but I shrugged it off as soon as the notion appeared and got dressed in fresh clothes. I debated on going down yet, a idea that quickly won over due to the mindless boredom that was my room. I slipped my wand in my sock, just in case.

                I drifted down to the first floor, my head feeling light as a feather, though my feet moved like lead. I assumed that he would be in the sitting room, so I made my best effort to slip by unnoticed, holding my breath as I moved in front of the door. I paused a moment in wait and smiled. Success.  The dining room was also empty and I took this rare chance to prepare a cup of tea. The silence was something that I appreciated here. There didn’t seem to be any responsibilities here, and I couldn’t help but to make a smug face. Stupid father, jokes on you. I took my tea and walked slowly back to the dining table, sitting in the same seat I had been in before. I felt a slight guilt as I noticed the deep gash in the wood floor. Why wouldn’t he just fix it with magic? I asked myself, I mean surely he was able to.

The more I looked around the room the more dents and scratches I found on the floor the walls and a few of the tables. I frowned. They were mostly from me throwing fits. The silence of the room suddenly became heavy. Typically I wouldn’t have given a damn if I left a house in shambles but for some reason it slightly bothered me, though I couldn’t place why. I quickly grabbed my cup of tea and stood, needing to get away from the reminders.

                “I see you’re awake.” A voice echoed behind me, before I had time to turn. For once my voice got stuck in my throat and I wasn’t sure what to say. Before I would have come back with a sarcastic quip. I only nodded. He was silent as if waiting for me to turn around. I did so at a snail’s pace.

I stood with my cup in a hand, a guilty look surely on my face. “Yeah…I fell asleep last night.” I replied and almost instantly regretted it, he raised his eyebrow in mock curiousity and I mentally hit myself over the head. “As it comes to be, I was fully able to deduce that from your…lack of presence.” His voice was even lower, perhaps it was earlier than I thought. “So...” I started, feeling slightly off my game after being in a different setting for so long. “I assume you are wondering what my interests in talking to you are.” It wasn’t a question. I could say nothing but shrug. “I recommend that you have a seat. That is if you can control yourself. I can assure you, you will not be too fond on the information.”  His tone darkened as if he wasn’t too fond of the information either. “I will not repeat myself, nor will I answer questions. Understood?”  I nodded compliantly and felt my stomach churn with every second that passed.

                “You’re father has given some…insight, so to speak, on your position. It seems that at the end of the school term you will not be returning to Hogwarts,” I felt my mouth open slightly. “What the hell am I supposed to do? He can’t-” I was cut off suddenly. “I have already told you, Miss Malfoy that I will not be answering questions, and you must learn to control your outbursts.” I shrunk back in my seat, and waited for him to continue.

                “From your little stunt from last year you still have two months of lessons to complete and test over, it has been brought to my attention that in order for you to graduate to your third year you will need to pass your O.W.L’s in the time before the fall term starts.  Therefore the next two weeks I will have to teach you what you will need for these tests.” I could tell by his tone that he was almost as bummed as I was. “But how the bloody hell am I supposed to learn everything in two weeks?!” I exclaimed, the news finally settling in. If I didn’t know better I would have said he was going to slap me. “My patience is growing rather thin Miss Malfoy, I suggest you do not push me any further today. Unless you would rather skip the lessons and repeat the year.” my mouth seemed to zip shut. To hell with that. It suddenly dawned on me that I had already spent a month and a half here. I inwardly frowned. It seemed a lot longer than that. “Yes sir.” I surprised myself with my compliance, even Snape seemed taken back. “Very well. We will start immediately. I do hope this time that you manage to stay awake.” I could hear the sarcasm laid on thick through his comment and felt heat rush to my face. “Did you go in my room last night?” I asked feeling slightly more brave than I had been earlier. His face remained blank though I could have sworn I saw a ghost of a smirk. “I have no idea what you are talking about, Miss Malfoy.” He turned suddenly and strutted to another room. “Come.” He called, noticing I had not moved from my spot.