Chapter 21

How I ended up failing immediately after I told you guys you'd get daily updates, I have no idea. I'm sorry 😭😭

Also can we get this chapter to 10 votes pleeeeeease

******

The minutes melted into hours and those hours somehow turned into days.

The time equating to how long she had lost her son.

Life had turned dull for Alayna.

The days were glum and the nights were filled with restlessness.

Alayna found no reason to live anymore.

Syed (her new business partner just in case anyone forgot) had persuaded her to come in as he claimed he needed her approval for a new employee procedure that they were to put into place, even though, they had confirmed this long ago.

So she went to the office on his request.

She called Dilawar, he didn't know what had happened but understood that it must of been horrific is the fire of fight in her eyes turned into a mere flicker.

She made her way to her office forgetting a key detail that was going to rub salt into her deepened wounds.

She walked through the building with sagging shoulders, no expression worn on her face and made no eye contact with anyone.

She didn't want pity from anyone.

She slowly turned the knob of the door and pushed it open, also reaching to the side to turn on her lights.

Her room was illuminated by the harsh lighting that would often give her a headache most days.

She looked around to find everything as she had left it a couple of months ago, only for her eyes to fall on the corner of the room that she had forgotten about.

Her heart smashed into tiny pieces as she looked at it.

It was the small nursery she had put together for her child.

That corner of the room consisted of a cot, a rocking horse for when her child her was a little older, a box of soft toys, a train set that she had set with such love and affection.

She remembered buying all these things with such excitement and joy, all in the anticipation with the happiness that she was going to get when her son was born.

Her heavy footsteps stalked to that corner and immediately shoved everything over whilst letting a shout of distress and anger.

She kicked at the cot with such force that it eventually fell apart.

Her sobs intensifying with every item she destroyed.

She had bought them all with such high hopes and dreams, and now all those hopes abs dreams had crumbled just before they were in her reach.

She sat on her knees sobbing.

It wasn't fair.

She needed her son here alive with her.

She had no idea when someone came into her office in a rush.

Syed was on his way to see how she was doing, and fastened his pace when he heard a load of banging and shrieks from the corridor where her office was situated.