And You were Gone...

A/N: And now, Jam angst! It's mostly William angst but still!

Hope you all enjoy!

Love ya guys! ^-^

-KittCat

*WARNING: This chapter contains graphic depictions of violence, injury, kidnapping, murder and death. Viewer discretion is advised please!

New Bostin was a quaint and cozy town to settle in. There wasn't all that much that happened around these parts and it was the perfect place for people to avoid all the unwanted attention in their lives. It was relatively unknown enough that even moving in, no one would recognize who you were with how little word of mouth got around these parts.

And it was exactly what a certain trio were looking for when it came to starting a calmer life away from the drama that had plagued them for years beforehand. 

The sound of keys tapping away was the only noise above the faint patter of rain beyond. For in the living room of an apartment building, a man sat at the coffee table with notes splayed around him, reading glasses discarded to the side, and blearily trying to make out something coherent on the screen of his laptop. Taking a second to lean back and stretch, a yawn escaped him as his half aware mind tried to bring itself back from the depths of boredom and reacquaint himself with his surroundings. 

He didn't realize he had been so zoned out. When he originally started, it was a little past 6 PM. Now it was almost 9 and he was barely making a dent in this project.

Though, it wasn't his fault the article he was writing had some of the most bland material to work from. But, such was the way of a writer trying to pay the bills.

He couldn't help but grimace though. It wasn't in him to complain about any work he would receive as already, it was a miracle to have even been allowed to set out on this dream of his. But someone have mercy on his soul for being the poor sap willing and dumb enough to have agreed to take on this endeavor.

The man had been so lost in his boredom that he almost jumped when a pair of strong yet slender arms snaked around his shoulders, a set of lips pressing against the back of his neck and causing his face to burn scarlet.

"EEP-! J-Jane!"

A low chuckle escaped the lovely woman as he turned his head to face her. "I didn't scare you now, did I?"

He averted his gaze but a smile tugged at his lips nonetheless. "Not exactly. More like surprised me."

To her, the change of words was hardly convincing as indicated by the way her left eyebrow arched up: the truest sign she didn't believe him. Regardless though, she let it slide as she hooked her chin over his shoulder, eyeing the screen before him. "So, what are they having you work on for this article?"

He shrugged. "It's nothing major. Just a research article on sales."

She adjusted her hold around him as she leaned forward, squinting at the small text. Her expression only morphed into that of absolute confusion.

"Are...are they having you write an article on the declining sales of cheese???" She looked at him incredulously.

With a huff, he slumped into her hold, exhaustion weighing on him over the reminder. "Unfortunately...though I guess it's my fault for volunteering."