Chapter Forty

𝐸𝑛𝑧𝑜 ☽

I woke up earlier than Aurora so I could run down to the grocery store to grab a few things for breakfast.

And some flowers for my love as well.

This time, I sent Aurora a message telling her where I was before I left.

When I got back, she opened the front door with a beautiful smile.

"Morning, sweetheart." I bent down and kissed her cheek.

"Hey! What'd you buy?" She asked as she took one of the grocery bags from my hands,

"Just a few things for breakfast," I shut the front door behind me with my foot, "And... I got you these."

I thrusted the bouquet of flowers toward a wide eyed Aurora.

She gasped slightly, placed the grocery bag on the top of the counter, and gently taking the flowers from my hands.

"Oh, Enzo... they are beautiful."

I pressed a soft kiss to her forehead, "Just like you, sweetheart."

She grinned, giggling lightly, and rocking back on her heels. A light blush appeared on her cheeks as she turned, which made me feel slightly lightheaded.

"Thank you, baby. I love them." She said gleefully.

I wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her against me, earning a yelp of surprise to escape her mouth.

I dropped the other grocery bag onto the counter just before taking the flowers from Aurora and putting them next to the grocery bag.

My now free hand found her cheek, and I pulled her in slowly for a long, loving kiss.

She sighed into my mouth, shoving her hands up into my hair and melting in my arms.

I hadn't kissed her like this in so long.

She was so fucking addicting.

"I missed you so much," I muttered against her lips. 

When she pulled back, I bent my head so my forehead would rest on hers. I closed my eyes and breathed her scent in.

"I missed you too, Enzo."

A throat cleared behind us.

I recognised the boys giggles.

Aurora untangled herself from me and spun around. I watched as she walked over to the boys, crouched down, and opened her arms up to embrace them.

"How did you boys sleep?" She whispered to them as they buried their faces in her neck and muttered something incoherent in response to her question.

I leaned against the kitchen counter and grinned at them.

"That's great boys!" She pulled away and turned her head to look at me, then looked back at the boys and whispered something into their ears.

They grinned, ran around Aurora's crouched figure and straight into my now open arms.

"Hi boys," I said as I closed my eyes and squeezed the life out of them.

"We don't have to go to school today?" Matteo asked quietly.

"No, you don't have too. And if you boys are still tired by the end of today, take the rest of the week off, yeah?" 

Matteo gasped while Nico whispered a quiet thank you.

Matteo was the first to let go and step back. He looked up at me with an arched eyebrow and asked, "Are you being serious?"