Chapter 47

Chapter 47: Red

Nothing was more satisfying than watching someone who'd always had everything under his control lose his cool by catching him off guard. He only had the chance to play with me because I was up to it too. I let him. But the game was over now.

"I want to say I'm surprised. But there's nothing to be surprised about a Cardinal." He shrugged and roved his eyes around. Everyone was just watching us. "You truly have the mighty blood of Lord Severo."

"You still don't know me after all, huh?" I slowly closed the gap between us while staring into his eyes. "You know what I hate the most? When I am being recognized only because of my family name and my father."

"You are nothing without your father, Nathalia."

Napahinto ako. Hando's eyes flickered red, recognizing the danger that was about to fall upon him. He regretted saying those words as soon as they escaped his mouth.

"What have I done to you?" malungkot niyang tanong sa akin. Mas halata na ngayon ang nginig sa kanyang mga salita. "I have always treated you like my own daughter. I was there when nobody else was. I have always been there for you, Nathalia."

"Now, that's a lie," Dylan said as he took a step forward. Sumimsim siya sa alak na hawak bago ngumiti sa akin. He already looked drunk. "Hando just used you to gain more wealth. We all know that."

"What the fuck do you know?" Hando scoffed at him. "Huwag kang magsalita sa isang bagay na wala kang alam, Dylan. You are not part of this!"

"Pinagtatanggol ko lang si Nathalia," nakangisi pa ring sambit ni Dylan. "Baka sakaling mabago pa ang isip niya tungkol sa akin."

"Can you stop now, Terrence?" Humakbang sa tabi ko si Hestia. "The game is over. We have arrived here. Lahat tayo ay nakapagpasya na."

"Linta ka pa rin hanggang ngayon, Hestia." Humalakhak si Terrence. "You are a parasite in the form of a friend. How bold of you to assume you are even part of this?"

Hestia hastily attacked him and shoved him down the table. Bumagsak ang lamesa at nagkalat ang mga alak sa sahig. Mabilis na kumuha ng bubog si Hestia at tinutok ito sa leeg ni Terrence.

Now, that was quite a scene.

"If I am a parasite, then are you a pest. You have no benefits," Hestia hissed.

"Hold on!" Jackson swooped down, yanking Terrence away from Hestia. "I didn't come here for this mess. Saka may mga tao sa paligid. Stop behaving like fucking animals!"

"This is not a party, is it?" Hando assumed, shrugging his shoulders. "Cool. Human parties are boring, after all. I miss vampire parties."

Still acting cool, huh?

I smiled. "Good. Can we take our seats now?"

Nauna na akong umupo sa pabilog na lamesa sa pinakagitna. Mabilis na may lumapit sa aking waiter at sinalinan ako ng alak sa baso. Tumabi sa akin si Hestia na nag-aayos ng buhok na nagulo.

"Damn. The party barely started," she murmured.

"That was a move," I complimented.

"Thanks!" she giggled.

"Fucking bitch!" singhal ni Terrence kay Hestia saka inalis ang black coat na natapunan ng wine. Nung mapansin niyang namantsahan din ang puting t-shirt na panloob niya ay nag-alab ulit ang galit niya.

Before Terrence even attacked Hestia, Jackson had twisted his arms on his back, halting him from going any farther. Terrence snarled. His eyes changed to intense deep red, and fangs protruded behind his lips.