Chapter 57: Kristy's confession

Monday.

Fuck.

It's 5:00 am. The smell of the cold, quiet air of morning dew and the sky painted dark blue of this dreaded day haunted me.

What in the Shakespeare was that?

I don't know if I'll be able to handle seeing them later.

I've managed to avoid Tori in the house, it's no problem for me to do that again in school.

But them?

I have philosophy today where Kristy sits next to me, and Tuesday where both of them are in literature class.

Sighing, I closed my eyes but immediately shook my head and stood up. I'm going to school early.

I'd rather sit on my place and not notice them enter the room than the other way around.

The moment my feet touched the floor, I felt productive. I went to my luggage next to the closet (because I refuse to treat this place as my house) and grabbed a simple shirt and jeans.

I took a quick shower, wore my clothes, and went out the door.

"I'll be okay," I muttered to myself, "I'll be ok—"

"Eli...?"

Huh?

A knock pulled me out of my dream.

I groggily sat up, my hair sticking out in all directions. "Wait what-"

"Class is in 30." Tori's voice woke me up fully and I looked around frantically, "Let's go to school together?"

"You- You can go thanks!" I jumped off the bed and ran to the closet, grabbing the first thing I could get a hold of.

"Oh I don't mind being late!" She said, "I'll be downstairs!"

Fucking stupid dream.

"Fucking- stupid-" I continuously cussed at myself as I dashed to the bathroom, the one in front of me and Tori's room.

"This is your personal record," Tori joked when I finally got ready and walked downstairs to the living room.

"I'm using my motorcycle." I said nonchalantly and showed her my keys.

"Ah yes sure." She nodded and smiled in embarrassment.

I kind of feel bad for Tori. She's my best friend after all and she's trying her best but still, I left her in the house.

I hopped on my motorcycle just to find out the fuel's almost gone.

"I noticed it last night..." I flinched at the voice. Tori came up from behind me and I stared at her blankly.

And she didn't even tell me.

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry," she crossed her arms together, "I tried knocking on your door but you were already asleep."

"Oh it's- it's okay." I just said out of embarrassment, "I'll just ride a bus and-"

"Or we can go together?" She said, her voice full of hope, "We don't have to talk."

It was a heavy and quiet ride, I noticed that she wanted to say something, occasionally breathing deeply and opening her mouth to talk but stops midway and continues driving.

"Thanks." I said and stepped out of her car.

"I can drive for us too later," she said, "maybe we can get coffee again at Jonathan's?"

I shrugged my shoulders and closed the door not waiting for her, the sound of my shoes squeaking against the floor made me anxious.

For the past few days, I've only seen her twice and in those two moments, she never looked at me with the same expression.

One was anger, when the first time we fought she looked so pissed at me, as if the only thing that was missing was her stepping towards me and poking my shoulder roughly until my back meets the wall.

And another was...

Confusion?

I don't know why she went to the house that day and how she knew Marco's name, although she said Marcus, he still went to her and talked outside.

Do they know each other well?

I walked in the classroom, seemingly enough Ms. Gray  not asking us questions to why we're late.

Her stare already shook my whole being but I went to my seat and sat down without saying a word.

"Okay class, we still have 10 minutes left and everyone passed their papers already- except for both of you two."

"I'm sorry miss." Both Tori and I spoke out,

She smiled warmly, "I'll accept late submissions until Wednesday, tell your classmates that aren't here."

A chorus of agreement and nodding answered her.

"Good, don't forget quiz this Friday. You'll be having your Exams so prepare." She picked up her things and walked out.

In a few seconds, the whole classroom erupted in chatters. The boys pulled out their phones, the girls pulled their chairs to their friends' table while I'm stuck on my chair like glue.

"Have you seen Chloe?" Kristy's question made me want to bury myself.

Yes. With an unknown person in a mall.

"You guys live together right?" That question made my heart sting.

"Ah no I'm looking for an apartment right now." I smiled widely at her, hoping she'll take a hint.

She said a weak "oh, okay." before putting her attention on her phone.

A few seconds pass and I couldn't take it anymore.

"You guys are going out...right?" I instantly regret what I asked her.

I'm not...gay gay... I think. Yeah, not that.

But right now I'm hoping to fucking god she says no.

Please say no, please say no, please—

"No we're not-"

YES!

"Y'know I'd appreciate it if you don't rub it on my face." She glared at me.

"Oh- uhm- y-yeah I'm sorry I didn't mean it to come off like that-"

"We're not dating and I don't think she'll give me a chance." Her voice shook.

"I'm so sorry Kristy I-"

"Whatever I don't care." She shook her head, "Knowing you don't think whether your words hurt people, I really don't know what she sees in you."

What does she mean by that?

She pushed herself up and I saw tears running down her cheeks, She walked out of the room and I heard a chair beside me squeak.

Tori stood up and went with her.

Am I that bad of a person?

------------
Author's notes:

Hi! I'm so sorry for updating late, I'll make it up to you guys, after all I said I'll be updating everyday.

See you in the next chapter!

-v.