Chapter 17: Collide

Chapter 17:  Collide

When we finished talking, I left with Jax to go back to the diner to grab my car that I left behind. He gave me a hug and promised to stop by before he left and went back to Charming.

"We don't have to finish the night," I leaned back on the heels of my shoes and stuffed my hands in my back pockets. "I have a race tonight. Do you want to come and I'll show you how we do it on my side of town?"

He moved in closer, crossing his arms. The look on his face was like a slight smirk and I felt like he knew how cute he was but he tried to make it seem like he was deep in thought.

"Just don't kill anyone," he joked.

I rolled my eyes. When we were driving through Main Street, there were people who almost were hit by Paula but she actually missed them all. It was funny because she was a good racer so she knew how to swerve out of the way.

"Boy please."

He opened my car door for me and I thanked him before I stepped inside. I drove off after I watched him get on his bike and pulled his bike out of its parking spot.

I been knowing you for long enough
Damn I need you right now
You can take your time, don't have to rush
This might take us a while, (yeah)
I left all the doors unlocked and you said you're on your way
When you get here don't just say a word, got no time to play
I know you think that you know me
But you ain't even see my dark side
This is for you only
So baby do it right, do me right

When I got home, my mother was gone and my sister was busy in the kitchen making herself some cereal. It was 9pm and the girl loved eating breakfast for dinner.

"Where did Mom go?"

"To see Mr. Pope."

"Who?", I asked as I grabbed a bowl and prepared to eat some cereal before I went out. "Mom never tells us names."

Sherice made a face before she just mumbled something under her breath. I turned to give her a look like she was crazy if she believed I heard that whisper. She spoke a little louder and I made a face.

"Ooohhhh, you're going to be in so much trouble if you get caught going into Mama's stuff!", I laughed as I fixed my bowl of Fruity Pebbles and sat at the kitchen island beside my little sister.

"Whatever! Y'all are keeping secrets from me all the time and I'm sick of it. Nobody tells me nothing!"

I stopped laughing and listened to her rant. She seemed pretty upset so I know it was deeper than that. I put a hand on her shoulder until she looked up at me.

"Sherice, what's going on?", I genuinely felt concern for my little sister and her sudden moodiness. "You've never cared before."

"I'm not supposed to care that you guys go on about your lives like I don't exist anymore. You and Mom had this night out and I wasn't invited. It's starting to feel like I'm adopted and I never felt like that until now...", she mumbled that last part quietly.

My heart sunk at her confession. Of course, I was her big sister and I never wanted her to feel misplaced like she didn't belong because she did. Her mother was my mother and I loved her as if she wore my blood sister. I know I had been getting busier with school and life but I never felt like I was pushing her out.

"I'm glad you said something. I never want you to ever feel like that, Sherice. I love you so, so much."

I hugged her tightly without a second thought and heard her sniffle. She had never really cried unless it was an emotional movie or tv show that she was invested in. The girl was like a steel cage when it came to keeping her emotions at bay.

"Well, I don't want you to stay in feeling like this. Wanna come out with me and Paula tonight?", I offered as I went back to my cereal.

"Do I get to drive?"

"Yeah. You have a death wish. I don't. Mom would kill me if she knew you were behind the wheel."

"When I turn 18, can I race?", she had this hopeful smile on her face and I gave her the best answer I could.

"If Mom agrees to it."

We finished our cereal and washed the dishes in the sink before heading upstairs to get dressed for the night. I took a quick shower, a quick and easy makeup look, and curled my hair nicely before throwing on my outfit.

We can go all the time
We can move fast, then rewind
When you put your body on mine
And collide, collide
It could be one of those nights
But we don't turn off the lights
Wanna see your body on mine
And collide, collide
Baby it's all yours if you want me, all yours if you want me
Put it down if you want me (tonight)
Said it's all yours if you want me, all yours if you want me
Put it down if you want me (Let's collide)

We can go all the timeWe can move fast, then rewindWhen you put your body on mineAnd collide, collideIt could be one of those nightsBut we don't turn off the lightsWanna see your body on mineAnd collide, collideBaby it's all yours if you want me, ...

⬆️ Martie's Look ⬆️ & Sherice's Look in MM ⬆️

Paula showed up an hour later dressed in her black baby tee, short mini skirt, and chunky heels with a wide smirk as she pulled out a bottle from her bag. I blessed the bottle before taking a long shot and passing it back to her.

"What about me?", Sherice asked excitedly.

I looked at her with a confused look.

"What about you?"

Paula started laughing but she pulled out a Sprite and handed it to my baby sis to ease the burn of not being able to get drunk.

She knew I didn't play about the young girl getting drunk especially since we're going into a group of strangers. Sherice was like me when it came to smoking and drinking, we kept it minimal, but I felt like she thought this was a free pass to do whatever while Mom wasn't looking.

"She can have one shot but no more."

Sherice did a little happy dance and Paula poured into her mouth a small shot.

We all left the house after checking each other out and once again having our own mini little photo shoot. What girls didn't at least take one picture before they left the house?