𝟒𝟐. the woodbury escape

WHITE FLAG

chapter forty-two : the woodbury escape
{ season three - episode eight }

chapter forty-two : the woodbury escape{ season three - episode eight }

"ON THREE. STAY tight," Rick stated beside everyone, preparing to open the door to attack their enemies. Kloe rested her hand on Glenn's shoulder, taking deep breaths as they prepared themselves to ignore their pain and to fight their way out. "One. Two. Three."

He pulled open the door, standing to the side as Daryl held two gas bombs. He rolled it across the concrete, the bomb instantly pushing out the gas that it contained inside. He threw another one out, beginning to hear yells as the people of Woodbury pointed at the gas that filled the air.

"Let's go," Rick ushered, holding up his large gun as he slowly stepped out. He and Daryl led the way for the others that were supporting one another. Kloe took deep breaths as she limped forward.

"There they are!" One of the guards alerted, pointing over to the small group that all instantly raised their weapons high. Before they had any time to think, there was already gunfire going off all around them.

Kloe watched as a bullet were steps away from her feet, making her dodge to the side and take cover, splitting up from the group. Except, Jayce quickly joined her side once he noticed she had disappeared.

"You alright?" He asked her, holding his rifle tight in his grip as he watched the woman who squeezed her eyes shut from the pain in her leg.

She stiffly nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm good," she frantically said, cocking the pistol she had in her hands as more gunfire went off around her. "Okay... Okay..." She opened her eyes, seeing Jayce nod at her before peering over the car they were using for coverage, aiming his gun directly at a guard who fell to the ground the second Jayce pulled the trigger.

"Fucking dickheads. The lot of 'em," Jayce stated as he knelt back down. "You sure you're alright?" He asked again for confirmation, concern growing for the pale woman beside him.

She turned around, lifting her pistol up as she shut one eye to aim. She pulled the trigger once her eye landed on a man, shooting through his leg that made him fall to the ground. She crouched back down, staring straight ahead at the Australian beside her. "I'm fine, Jayce."

"If you say so, miss," he shrugged, noticing the look of determination Kloe held. She raised her gun again to shoot at more people. She tried her best to aim for their limbs, not wanting to kill anyone. "The fuck is everyone?" He quickly asked again, seeing that no one was around.

Kloe peered over the car hood once again, immediately ducking back down again when someone shot at her, barely missing her head. "Holy shit," she whispered to herself, breathing heavily at how close she was to being killed.

Jayce shot the man that had tried to shoot his friend as he reloaded his sniper. He crouched back down as Kloe scanned the area. She spotted some familiar figures that were running further and further away from them. "Over there," she pointed, making Jayce squint his eyes as he tracked where her index finger was pointing.