1

Kat has been scared for longer than she can remember. The only thing that she was truly grateful for is the fact that she presented as a Beta and that her little sister is most likely one as well. She's thought for years that Kris was an Omega, but when she didn't present at 12, she just thought she might be a late bloomer. Then she hit 14 and still didn't present, when she turned 16, Kat breathed a sigh of relief because it was most likely her little sister was a Beta like her and that meant she was safe from their father.

Their father was a horrible man, a man that presented as a Beta but liked to believe that he was actually an Alpha. His smell was putrid, and the fact that Kat could smell it just proved how bad it was since a Beta's sense of smell wasn't as strong as the other two when it came to pheromones. So when Kris turned 18 and her heat hit, proving she was an Omega, Kat got scared.

She dragged her little sister into the woods, Kris was in too much pain to shift and Kat couldn't get her onto her back without help. So she grabbed her hand and ran, hoping and praying that their father wouldn't catch them. Because not only would he beat Kat for taking what he deemed as his, but he'd do unspeakable things to Kris and that Kat couldn't allow.

"Kris, I know it hurts. But we have to run, you aren't safe here anymore."

"I, I can't." Kris was panting, sweat pouring down her face as she bent over, clutching her stomach. "It hurts too much, Kat, please. Just let me die here, it would be better than dealing with this."

'If you don't get her out of here she's going to really wish she died.'

Kat clenched her teeth together, her wolf wasn't wrong, she would wish for death long before it came to her if their father caught them.

"Not happening Omega," she didn't have an Alpha voice to command her, but she did have her overbearing sister voice that made Kris listen to her for the most part.

They made it to the outskirts of their territory where no one but the banished Alpha lives, Kat wasn't scared of Mandy. The only reason she was banished is because she had the audacity to be born a female that presented as an Alpha. Something that got her parents killed so they couldn't make more abominations. The only thing Alpha females are good for, is for bearing True Blood Alphas. Since that would be a threat to the pack Alpha, who couldn't take her as a mate since his current mate was super possessive, he ran her off with the promise that if his son presented as an Alpha, they'd find her. 

Mandy spent most of her time alone, her fur wasn't like all the other Alphas that were jet black. Hers was red, like a fox. Kat always thought it was pretty. Kat's wolf was grey and now that Kris presented she'd probably have a white coat like most Omegas. Before you present all wolves are brown until their sub gender makes themselves known. That's why Mandy's was such a big deal, she should have been black like the others but she was red.

Kris dropped down to the ground, panting. "Just, let me rest, five minutes please."

'In five minutes someone could smell her and then it's over for both of us.'

"Kris, we don't have five minutes. I know this is hard."

"You don't know," she yelled. "You don't have to deal with heats or ruts. You are so fucking lucky because this shit is NOT fun."

"You are right, I don't know what it's like. But I do know that if we are caught, we are both dead. Only one of us will be tortured for a lot longer than the other."

That got her up, they were getting closer to the small cabin Mandy had built. If they could get to her, Kat knows she'd help. Kat could see it, and smell the distinct scent of Alpha. Kris scrunched up her nose, "What did she do pee all over the place? Why does it smell like territorial Alpha, that screams be gone?"

"Uh maybe because she's been shunned for being something she couldn't help and doesn't want to be forced into a mating with the Head Alpha's son when he presents."

That distracted Kris a bit. "He's a fucking douche noodle and a child. That's gross."

"But she's unmated and if they have pups, then they'll be True Blood Alphas. But only if he presents as an Alpha. If he doesn't odds are they'll kill her so she can't mate with anyone else."

"Poor Mandy," Kris whined, a small whimper leaving her. "Did you know she gave me a rabbit once? Dad was gone for like a week and you had been trying to hunt and failing so I thought I'd try. But I was just as terrible as you, I had all but given up when I saw her walking towards me in wolf form where she dropped a rabbit next to me and then ran off."

'This brat acted like she was a superior hunter for weeks after that.'

"You told me you caught that, you little shit."

Kris shrugged. "Like I was going to admit defeat."

As they approached the cabin, Kat knocked on the door, but there was no answer. "Do you think she'll care if we go in?"

"I'm not sure entering an Alpha's den without their permission is smart... but I also don't think she'd want a distressed Omega left out in the open where it's dangerous. I trust her not to hurt me and I need to lay down."

So Kat pushed the door open and Kris practically ran towards the furs in the corner and all but face planted into them as she purred out Alpha. "Well I guess it's good we came here," she mused.

"Shut up, her scent calms the pain, she feels safe I think."

"Better hope your instincts are right, I think she is too but this could go drastically wrong as well."