4

Antheia was confused.

These unknown men were being so kind to her that her heart felt heavy with happiness. But what's their motive?

Amias did tell her and her heart told her to believe them but she couldn't get rid of the nagging doubt. What if they turned out like her master?

She shivered thinking that. She was lost in her thoughts when someone knocked on the door.

She didn't say anything, just stared at the door. As expected, Amias came in.

"Hey, sweetheart," he sat down beside me. "How're you doing?"

She just shook her head.

"Not good? Well I guess meeting a new person took it's toll on you."

She didn't reply. Just stared. Stared at the man that's supposedly her brother.

She tried to find any sort of family resemble like master and his sister had, but found none. They looked nothing like each other. His hair was pitch black, a stark contrast to her snowy white hair. His eyes are also black while hers are a very light grey. They didn't have any resemble whatsoever, not in physical features not even in their behavior if anything in the past few days is something to go by.

But she did notice how she looked so much like Augustus. They had the same white hair, and a few of their facial features like nose and oddly enough, ears matched. Even their eyes matched.

"Thea." She was snapped out if her thoughts by Amias calling for her. "You okay? You seem a little lost."

She shook her head in reply. She couldn't trust them yet, hence she never spoke. What if they punished her for making useless noise like her master did?

"Thea," Amias called again softly making her look at him. He could tell that it was all very overwhelming for her and she was trying to wrap her mind around all these. "Thea, my sweet, you have a few injuries," he stated hesitantly, trying to gauge her reaction. "They need to be treated. You hear me?"

Amias felt his heart break seeing her eyes. She looks betrayed. When he first wanted to treat her bruises, she put up a struggle. So he had to promise her that no one but him will touch her so he did a little first aid but that's not enough. He has to make sure she doesn't have any broken bones and most importantly, he has to know if those bastards touched her. And for that he has to get her a proper doctor.

"It's okay of you don't want anyone else to see them, but can you please show me? I just want to help. I promise I will never hurt you." Amias wanted to cry by the time his speech ended. Which is quite ironic, he didn't cry, he made others cry. But this little girl had the ability to make his eyes tear up.

Antheia didn't reply. She didn't know what to do. Her heart told her to give him a chance but her mind was still skeptical. He could hurt her, but she had a gut feeling that he wouldn't. But she can't trust him. She can't trust anyone.

Antheia took a deep breath and shook her head, waiting for him to strike her. But he didn't. He just sighed.

"Very well," Amias sighed. "I'll get your lunch."

Amias walked out of the room leaving her alone again. This got her some more time to think.

†††

"So?"

Amias shook his head. "She doesn't want to get them treated. She's still afraid."

Augustus frowned. "But if what you say is true then those bruises need to be treated immediately."

"Her ribes are purple, August," Amias cried. He isn't someone to show emotions but this little girl managed to make him feel stuff.