Chapter 37

A/N:  I suck at writing battle scenes, but hopefully you all enjoy this chapter regardless.  Also, small author's note at the end as well.

Namjoon stays steady as Taehyung and I climb on his back

Namjoon stays steady as Taehyung and I climb on his back. Thank goodness his alter is fucking huge, otherwise Taehyung would be basically sitting in my lap to accomplish this. Oh, and then I wouldn't be able to jump off first if that were the case. Tae shifts in front of me to look directly at Ever. "Remember, don't look in our direction until one of us gives the all clear. Namjoon will come back for Seokjin then, and soon afterward come back for you and Jimin."

Hades! That is a lot of fucking fiends! I think as Namjoon circles around the area to determine the best spot for my attack. As we hoped, the fiends are drawn by his flight and start to group up in mass. The Ardneir aren't fond of flying creatures, so they are keeping to the back, but still keeping a curious watch. They might be made of fog and smoke, but they still have a semi-static humanoid form. It's that form that clues me in to the direction they are looking in.

I point to a spot in the middle. "What do you think about attacking from there, Namjoon?"

"Looks good to me. Taehyung? Do you think that will be a good location?" Namjoon consults with him.

"I think it should work out alright. The biggest concern is timing."

Yeah, timing was most definitely going to be a bitch in this fight. Namjoon was going to have to come in blind, literally. "Okay, as soon as I blink to the ground, shut your eyes and start flying lower."

As soon as my feet touch the ground I cast one of my blinding orbs into the sky above me. I hear Namjoon land for a brief moment behind me, and Taehyung's feet landing on the ground. As we hoped once the light starts dissipating all of the fiends are looking in our direction. It's a good thing Taehyung's ability is omnidirectional, if it were a power he held specifically in his eyes only those in front of him would be attacked. "Eyes shut now."

I close my eyes as I hear what almost sounds like a laser beam emission from a Sci Fi movie. "It's safe to open your eyes. Namjoon, we need you and Seokjin! Now!!"

Taehyung's Petrifying Gaze has frozen every one of the fiends in place. They are stonelike, but, due to experience, I know their bodies are still pliable so a piercing weapon can still be used to take them out. I pull my swords forward from the dimensional space they are tucked away in and use my blink ability to take out a few of the Maeks on my way to my next target as Taehyung follows me and assists me with his own swords and water magic.

Jungkook speeds in on the hooves as his horse. I glance back and happen to see him become parallel with Taehyung. I watch Taehyung's fingers tangle into his mane which he uses to maneuver himself onto Jungkook's back. "Yeowch!" Jungkook can't help but cry out as he tugs hard on his mane. The two come in closer and when they pull up parallel to me for a brief moment I consider whether or not I can blink onto Jungkook's back. Due to his rapid movements I am not sure I can accomplish it. "I don't think I can get there with my magic." I have to admit. Taehyung doesn't hesitate to reach out his hand to pull me up behind him.