Chapter 26

"W-What?" Diluc's heart was racing at an unreasonable peace, and he felt his cheeks suddenly burn. Covering them with one hand, he took Jean's wrist and dragged her out of his café for some fresh hair and to avoid all his staff hearing everything, once again at least. Thankfully it was that time of the day where there were basically no customers.

Once outside, he let go of her and slightly turned in her direction, just enough to look at the blonde girl with the side of his big red eyes "Could- could you repeat that please?"

"Oh, come on Diluc! You heard me, your whole café heard me to be precise..." Jean was blushing even more than the red-haired boy, feeling her entire face combusting. She was covering it all, leaving only her eyes to be seen in between her delicate fingers, but that wasn't helping much.

"Just one more time, please, just to be sure I'm not going crazy. Please?"

The girl took a long, deep breath, with her arms on her sides and her eyes closed. Opening her beautiful light blue eyes, she gathered all the courage she had and repeated what she blurted out in the café a few moments before "I have feelings for you. I love you"

"What do I have to do with you...?"

"Huh, does- does this makes you uncomfortable? I'm so sorry, I just bottled it up for so long, I just wanted you to know, I don't expect anyth-"

"Jean, Jean, calm down" His big warm hands cupped her cheeks and Diluc made her look into his eyes, but his bright red cheeks didn't go unnoticed by the girl. "I just" a deep sight "You make me go crazy, quite literally. I might not show it, but as soon as I see you I just can't stop thinking about how amazing it would be to hold you tight, to have you rest on my shoulder after we finish work, I- I dream of hugging you, kissing you, marking your neck so that those stupid inefficient boys you're always surrounded with will stop flirting with you... I notice every little thing you do, from how you look the dandelions fly in the gentle breeze to how you fix your ponytail, everything you do, even just how you walk, laugh or dress... it's enchanting. If it's about you, I don't even recognize myself. And now you tell me you've liked me for years...?"

Their hearts were racing so fast they both were thinking they could explode, but they felt like they could touch the sky. The blonde girl nodded shyly, and the guy asked the million worth it question, after letting her go and clearing his throat "So... what do you want us to be? Whatever you want, just say it"

"I... I want to be yours, and yours only"

Diluc took Jean's waist and embraced the girl with one arm, her body finally close to his chest like his heart longed for almost a year, the other arm of the boy on the wall behind her to support his weight. He let out a small sight and started whispering to her ear like nobody needed to hear what he was about to say, not that there was someone there "Mine... finally... You're mine... Does this mean I can brag with Kaeya that I now have a girlfriend?"

They laughed lightly, and Diluc lifted himself from her shoulder, to look at her eyes from up close, almost losing himself in those ponds, while she answered his question "Yes, yes you can"

Diluc got back into the café only ten minutes later, with lipstick-stained lips and a shy girl wrapped around his right arm.

"Right this way, please" One of the maidens of the Tzaritza's villa guided Scaramouche through the house. From the huge main hall, filled with mirrors and whit statues that paired with the white walls and the Carrara floor created the illusion of it being even bigger, she took him to the left of the big white stairs in the middle. A white corridor with small tables and gigantic paintings on both sides from time to time. The maiden's heels echoed in the whole corridor with a loud and constant sound.