114

The next couple of days felt a lot more stressful. Now that I knew that I was going to have to see my father I was on edge.

I could tell Colby was just as stressed out as I was, if not more.

I would hardly see him, since he was always working and needed to concentrate. I also had a strange feeling that he was actually avoiding me.

There was no real reason to do that but usually he would make time for me.

"Hey, Jules?" Colby asked as he walked into the library.

"Yes?" I asked and looked up at him. When I did this I noticed he had a duffle bag in his hand.

"What's that?" I asked and pointed to it. "Come on." He said as I pursed my lips. "I don't like this." I said causing him to laugh.

"Just come on, sweetheart." He said and held his hand out to me.

I sighed and took his hand, letting him lead me outside and to the car.

"I don't like surprises." I mumbled as we got in the car. "I know." Colby said with a shrug.

"And you just don't care." I said as he nodded. "You trust me, don't you?" Colby asked and put his hand on my thigh.

"Yeah. Unfortunately a little too much." I mumbled. "Come on, Jules. I think you should know by now I wouldn't intentionally put you in harms way." He said as I nodded.

"Doesn't mean I like surprises." I said and looked out the window.

I had to admit that I was a little excited to get out of the house. I had no idea where we were going but it was a change in scenery which was going to be good.

"Are you hungry?" Colby asked as I shrugged. "I could eat but I'm not starving." I said and laid my hand on his, tracing the rings on his fingers.

"Let's drive for a little while then we can stop." He said and focused on the drive.

We drove for what felt like forever before we were pulling into the parking lot of a McDonald's.

"What do you want?" Colby asked as I shrugged. "You choose." I said as he nodded and parked the car.

"I'll be back." He said then got out of the car. I nodded and looked down at my hands.

I always loved to see the ring that Colby got me on my finger.

It reminded me of him and since I was madly in love with him, it made me happy.

I decided to get out of the car for a second so I could stretch my legs.

After a couple minutes Colby came back with a couple bags of food.

"I got you chicken nuggets and fries." He said and handed me the bags. "Oh, yum." I said with a smile and opened the bag.

"When do I get to know where we are going?" I asked and took a fry and put it in my mouth.

"When we get there." He said as I handed him his food. "That's annoying." I said as he chuckled.

"Just trust me, sweetheart." He said and focused on the road.

We drove for hours before Colby pulled into the driveway of a random house.

It was a beautiful cabin with trees around it. On the ground was a sprinkling of white snow since it was mid January.

"Can you tell me now?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah." He said then started to get out of the car.

"Tell me!" I pouted and got out of the car. "Jesus, Jules. I will." Colby said with a laugh as he grabbed the bag from before along with another bag.

"It's cold so I assume we went north." I said as he took my hand and led me towards the cabin.