CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN: Homeward

***(Y/N) POV*** 

"LOOK! THERE IT IS! SEE HOW AWESOME THE CANALS ARE?!"

"Dammit, girl, be careful..!" Killer hissed, his arms wrapped tightly around my middle, stopping me from falling overboard as I leant over the edge of the ship. "Do you want to drown before we dock?!" 

I knew I was being a little reckless, but I couldn't help it. After so long, I was finally home again, and every cell in my body was thrumming with excited nerves. There was always going to be that small fear of running into my parents, but seeing my brother? Iceberg? Possibly even Granny Kokoro? That kept my bouncing off the railings. 

"Sorry, I just can't sit still..!" I laughed, finally letting go of the wood and allowing Killer to set me safely back down onto the deck, pulling him into a bit of a spin before he gently forced a stop. 

"I know, but try to level your head a bit. We're pirates. They know you, but we have a name for ourselves, and it isn't a very good one." The blond replied, petting my head softly before taking a step back. 

I stood still for all of eight seconds before I sprinted up to the helm, where Mosh was steering the Victoria Punk.
"Don't head straight into the main docks. I know the perfect place to drop anchor, so head to the west side." I directed, a second breed of excitement stirring when I caught a familiar scent.

"What, scared they'll open fire on us?" Kid asked with a snort, appearing by my side with crossed arms. Shaking my head, I still kept my sights on my old home.
"No. Water 7 isn't exactly equipped for that kind of defence, but we still need to keep a low profile at first. You start off by scaring people and it'll be hard to gain any kind of trust."

Either way, you're gonna scare the shit out of Paulie...

To the west we sailed, and after a short while I spied exactly what I had been searching for.
"There! Into there!" I grabbed Mosh's arm and pointed to a hole in the side of the stone edge of the island. Mosh glanced to Kid for approval, and once the red head nodded he set course.

As per my direction, we sailed into the hole in the wall, the rest of the crew sounding their curiosities when they realised it was a hidden port, fit for a single ship. It was a tight fit for one as large as the Victoria Punk, but it would do.

Unable to contain my excitement, I launched myself over the edge of the railing, but halted mid-air, legs curling beneath me when I felt that familiar pressure on my scruff.

"Be careful, idiot!" Kid barked, grumbling to himself as he hoisted me back onto the deck. "You wanna break both your damn legs? Just wait." The second my feet hit the ground I spun and wrapped my arms tightly around his middle, sending him back a few steps.

"I'm just really excited to see my brother! Thank you, Kid! Seriously!" I beamed up at him, laughing when he pressed his palm to my face.
"G..Get off, you dork..! We're here to get Victoria fixed, not for a vacation! Hurry up and get your shit together so we can get it under way!"

He's being shy.

Still grinning ear to ear, I stepped back and gave him a salute, skittering off to disembark the safer way. Once I was on the ground, I raced to close the rolling door to the hidden dock, just in case.

"You know this place best, so you're gonna have to lead us." Killer explained, standing by Boogie as he tied the ship as an extra precaution.
"You lot stay here, on guard! Wire, you're in charge while I'm gone!" Kid ordered, a chorus of confirmation following.

Now that I was on the ground, my nerves began to bubble up into my throat. The Kid Pirates had a reputation, sure, but I also had one here, and it wasn't the best. Not a criminal, but definitely a troublemaker.