32. goodbye

Today is the day...

In a few hours Richard will be in California, many miles from where Nina will be, which is right here in Salt Lake City.

He was just walking down the stairs, watching his assistant Ben carry his suitcases out of the house and into the limo. 

The boy looked around him one last time and saw the large living room and the kitchen where he had spent the last two months. He was sad to leave it, but it wasn't this place that he would miss. It was the people he had to leave today. 

During his time here he met some great people who like him the way he is, and that was the most important thing to him. These people didn't care that he was a famous singer, although they kind of did since three of them were big fans, but that wasn't the reason why they welcomed him into their friend group. But they liked him and they would have liked him just as much if he didn't have several million followers on Instagram and that was something that was rare for him.

Ricky went out the door where he saw five friends waiting for him with sad expressions. He could not believe that this is the time when he has to say goodbye. 

"Hey guys." he said quietly, stepping closer. 

"Hi Ricky." they answered him and then there was an awkward silence. Neither of them knew what to say as they didn't want it to end. 

"So this is it, huh?" Big Red sighed. "I hope you won't forget us there." he joked. 

"I could never." Richard shook his head, looking mainly at the brunette who was just looking at the ground and didn't say anything. "I had a great time here with you, thank you for everything."

"We loved having you here." Kourtney smiled at the boy. 

"Yeah," Seb nodded. "Wish you could stay here." 

"Yes, I wish that too." the curly-haired boy looked at the ground sadly. 

"But you will visit us soon, right?" Gina asked and he nodded with a small smile.

"Mr. Bowen, we have to go." Ben interrupted their conversation. 

"Just five more minutes, please." Richard replied and his assistant nodded.

"Um, we'll give you two some alone time." Kourt said. The others nodded in agreement and the four friends took a few steps away from them.

A few seconds passed and neither of them said anything, the truth was that they didn't know what to say because this was their last conversation for a long time and neither of them wanted to admit it. 

"Are you okay?" the boy asked. 

Nina shook her head, holding back tears. "No... No, I'm not, but it would probably be weird if I was, don't you think? This is supposed to be sad. Someone I love is going to a place miles away from me."

"We will call each other. I swear I will answer your calls and I will never let anyone block your number again." he told her. "And I'm already counting down the minutes until I come here again or you come to visit me."

"I can't wait." the brunette showed him a weak smile. "Call me as soon as you get there alright?"

"Of course." he nodded and took her hands in his. "I will miss you so much." 

"Stop, I promised myself I wouldn't cry." 

"Well, that's a promise we can't keep." he told her. 

The two of them stood there facing each other, holding hands. They didn't want to say goodbye, not one of them, so they just looked at each other without words, holding back tears. 

"I don't want to leave." Ricky said. 

One big tear fell from Nina's eye. "And I don't want you to go." she replied. "But your life is in Los Angeles. And mine is here. And that is fine." 

"But I don't want to be far from you." he looked at her sadly. "I love you." 

Nini smiles through her tears. "I love you too." she placed one of her hands on his cheek. "So much that I think we'll make it." 

The curly haired boy nodded. "You are right. I know that-" 

"Mr. Bowen, we have to go." his assistant's voice interrupted him. 

"Just a few more minutes Ben." 

"I'm sorry, but if we don't go now, we won't catch the plane." Mazzara shook his head and opened the door for Richard. 

Ricky sighed and his friends stepped closer. 

"Well I guess it's time." Big Red said. "We will miss you dude. Again." 

Ricky hugged each one of them until there was only one left.

He showed the brunette a small smile and she hugged him as tightly as she could. The girl was crying so much so that the boy's shirt was wet from her tears.

"Promise me I won't lose you." she said still hugging Ricky. 

"You will never ever lose me." he shook his head and hugged her even tighter. 

They stood there in an embrace like that for about a minute, not wanting to let go of each other, but in the end they were forced to anyway. 

"I love you so much." he told her as he pulled away. 

"I love you more." Nina said. 

"Um, that's not possible." Richard shook his head. 

"It is." she smiled. 

"No it's not."

"Shut up." she said, connecting their lips. 

This kiss was different from the others because they both knew it was the last. Or at least the last one for a long time. 

After the kiss, they looked at each other for a while until the man interrupted them again. "I'm really sorry, but we have to go." 

The curly-haired boy looked sadly at his friends around him. "Go." the brunette told him. "Otherwise you will miss the plane." 

Ricky looked at her uncertainly but he knew he had to so he sighed. "Okay. I'll call you as soon as I get to LA. I love you guys." he said and started walking towards the limo. 

He turned one last time and looked at the people he was leaving, showed them one last smile and sat down inside the car. His assistant closed the door behind him, and for the last few seconds he looked through the window at Nini, who gave him a small wave. But then the car started moving and he was further and further away from her. 

Nini immediately started crying hysterically and couldn't help herself because she had to watch the person she loves leave. Her friends hugged her as she watched the black limousine disappear into the distance. 

She was sorry that it turned out this way, because she was hoping for a happier ending. But maybe... 

....maybe they are soulmates, but just met at the wrong time.

the end :)