Chapter 57

Theo POV

“Where is she?” Ezra asked me as he placed the plate in front of me.

“Drying her hair.” I said as I picked up the fork. “Noah is with her.”

“Of course he is.” Ezra chuckled. “Will the two of you ever leave her alone again?”

I looked at him and raised my eyebrow. It was a stupid question. He knew it, and I knew it.

“I thought so.” Ezra said, still chuckling.

“Did Liam talk to the principal?” I asked Ezra.

The school had a nerve to put her in different classes. Noah and I were pissed as fuck when she got her schedule. It wasn’t going to let that happen, and Liam knew better than to fight with me about it. So he called the principal and asked for her to be put in all the same classes like Noah and I.

“He did.” Ezra nodded as he sat down opposite me. “It’s all worked out.”

“What’s all worked out?” I heard Liam’s voice behind me.

He entered the kitchen and walked over to the counter, grabbing the coffee pot and a mug.

“Lucy’s schedule.” I answered as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

“Oh.” Liam nodded. “The principal wasn’t happy, but I convinced him.”

“You mean your money convinced him?” I snickered.

The man was corruptible as fuck. It came in handy sometimes.

Liam nodded, taking a sip of his coffee.

“Where is Lucy?” he asked as he sat down next to Ezra.

“Drying her hair.” I answered. “She will be here soon.”

“Is she nervous?” Liam asked worriedly.

I knew that he wanted to keep her home for a little while longer. Honestly, I didn’t. I knew that Liam would never let me stay home with her, and I knew I wouldn’t survive an hour without her, let alone the whole day in school.

“A little bit.” I said. “But she will be okay. Noah and I won’t let anything happen to her.”

“I know that.” Liam nodded. “Just keep her away from big crowds. She has trouble with that.”

“I know, Liam, don’t worry.” I said.

“And call us after every period, okay?” Ezra added. “If you notice that she isn’t doing well, leave immediately and come home.”

“I know, Ezra.” I sighed. “I won’t let anything happen. I promise.”

Ezra nodded and took a deep breath. I tried to imagine what they were feeling right now, but just the thought of not seeing her all day made me want to throw up. This is the first time ever that I’m glad to go to school.

“You look amazing, Sunshine.” I heard Noah’s voice. “Don’t worry.”

I turned around and saw Noah and Lucy walking into the kitchen. They were dressed and ready to go.

“Are you sure?” Lucy asked. “Liam, is it okay? Should I wear something more classier?”

She was wearing jeans, sneakers, and a black shirt. It was perfect. I would freak out if she was wearing something revealing.

“It’s perfect, love.” Liam said, smiling at her. “You look great.”

She visibly relaxed and smiled. “Thank you.”

“Come on, you need to eat before you go.” Ezra said, placing her plate on the kitchen island.

She sat next to me, and I wrapped an arm around her waist. I leaned in, resting my forehead on her shoulder. Looking back, I have no fucking idea how the hell I survived ten years without her. I don’t know how I survived those two days that she was gone. It seemed impossible. It was impossible. I could never do it again.

“Don’t let your crazy friends near her.” Liam said sternly. “I don’t want them corrupting her.”

“Is it the same ones who dared you to jump off of a roof?” Lucy chuckled.

I raised my head and rolled my eyes. Noah should have kept that to himself. She couldn’t let that go.

“Maybe they will do it again and you can watch with me.” Noah laughed, making Lucy gasp loudly.

She turned to look at me with wide eyes and pointed a finger at me.

“If you ever do something like that again, I will beat your ass.” she said sternly, but I could hear a hint of panic behind her words.

I pulled her by her raised hand and pressed her against my chest. I laughed as I kissed the top of her head.

“Don’t worry, Sunshine.” I said. “I will never do it again.”

“Good.” she said as she pulled away from me and continued eating her breakfast.

My brothers chuckled, and I rolled my eyes.

“Come on, kids, eat up.” Ezra said as he stood up and placed his plate in the sink. “We need to hurry up.”

We finished eating our breakfast quickly. As soon as I was done, I went upstairs to get my bag.

When I went back downstairs, my siblings were waiting by the door. Ezra was hugging Lucy, kissing the top of her head repeatedly.

“I will miss you so much, honey.” Ezra said.

“You will see me in a couple of hours.” Lucy chuckled.

“That’s way too long.” he sighed.

Lucy let him go and smiled. “I love you so much, guys. You are the best brothers in the world. I would never have been able to survive all that happened without the four of you. Thank you for giving me the life I’ve always wanted. I am the luckiest girl in the world.”

Suddenly there was a lump in my throat, and I reached out for her. I wrapped my arms around her, leaning my head on hers. I felt the rest of my brothers’ hands around us immediately.

“We love you so much, our little Sunshine.” Liam said softly, tightening his arms around all of us.

I love my siblings more than anything in this world. I love her more than anything in this world. I will always be here for her. My brothers and I will always be her biggest protectors. She will always be our priority. And I know that, no matter what happens, we will never let her go.