Chapter 26

ANYA SAT IN HER APARTMENT, Sasha asleep against her chest after her feeding

She was on a call with Saul, the two chatting about everything they hadn't been able to talk about.

"Rosalind won't let me leave ever since Devin turned up," she explained.

Last night, Devin, one of the missing fairies, turned up in her office, bleeding. Ben and Sam were looking after him but the schools curfew got stricter.

"It's okay love, we'll be together again one day. As a family," he said. There was a beat of silence, "How is she?"

"She's good, I just fed her so she's fast asleep right now," she explained.

She knew that Saul wished he could have been there for his daughter but she also knew that one day he wouldn't have to wonder, they'd be able to be together as a family.

"She looks just like you, has your beautiful blue eyes," she said, a smile on her face, "And your sleeping habits, always wake me up,"

He chuckled, a sad smile on his fave as he sat in Sebastians office on a spare mattress, "I can't wait to meet her,"

"I can't wait for you to see her Saul-" she said before stopping when she heard a noise outside of the room, "-Ive gotta go, I think Andreas is here,"

Andreas opened the door, an angry expression on his face as he stormed towards her.

She sighed, standing up and placing Sasha down in her crib. The baby girl was fast asleep, not knowing what was going on.

"Has he communicated with you?" He asked, pointing his finger at her.

"Saul? I wish he had, but no. Now can you keep it down, Sashas asleep," she said.

He scoffed, "Youre getting on my nerves. You know, Rosalind would've killed you by now if it wasn't for that baby," he said

"What, you have a soft spot Andreas?" She asked, squaring up to him.

"If he contacts you, you'll tell me. Or maybe I won't have a soft spot anymore," he said, raising his voice.

Anya shook her head, "I'm not letting you bully me anymore Andreas," She said.

"It's a crime to aid a criminal, a fugitive of the law," he said, his voice still raised.

"Please leave Andreas," She said and he shook his head, turning on his heels and walking back out the door

☆☆☆

ANYA SAT WITH THE GIRLS FROM the winx suite, listening to their face time with Sebastian.

"The pincers are just like the bite marks Devin had," Bloom explained.

She had snuck into Rosalinds office and taken photos of the books that were in her drawer.

She had been taking extra lessons with Rosalind for some reason and it was giving her access to the books that they needed and the information.

Anya didn't trust Rosalind to be with Bloom, scared that she would trick her into doinf something but she trusted Blooms judgement.

"I could probably figure some of this out but it'll take time," Sevastian explained.

"We don't have time Sebastian, three fairies are missing, students," Anya stated. She knew all of them and knew that they weren't bad people.

"There should be a translation text in the library, except that's closed due to Rosalinds propaganda search," Stella explained.

"Our house. There should be one in the bookcase in the sitting room, next to the picture book, you know where I mean Anya," Saul explained and she nodded.

"Yeah, Bloom can come with me, plus it's my designated time off," She said, beginning to pack up her bag.

"Rosalind gives you time off? For Sasha?" He asked, not sure what she meant.

"Yeah, she's not a complete monster. But she won't let us leave the compound so we'll have to sneak out," Anya explained.

They hung up the call and Saul groaned, upset and annoyed that he couldn't do anything to help, that he had to hide away like a coward.

"Sky will come round, he clearly still cares about Anya, so he'll forgive you too," Sebastian said, looking at his friend who had his head in his hands.

"I hope, I just need this all sorted, I want to go home," Saul admitted, looking up at him.

"Yeah, you're a real daddy now," he joked.

Saul sighed, "I can't believe she went through all that by herself, she's my hero. And to think that I've got a baby girl sitting at home, it makes me want this even more," he explained.

Sebastian heard a loud noise and looked out the window, spotting Andread outside. His eyes went wide as he turned to Saul.

"Hide, it's Andreas!" He said, pushing him into the cupboard and pressing a button.

Andreas walked in and Sebastian tried to act as cool as possible, not wanting to seem suspicious.

"Sebastian, long time no see," he said, asking if he had seen Saul anywhere, "You were always such a teachers pet, following Saul like a dog,"

When Sebastian tried to tell him that he didn't know, Andreas grabbed the back of his head and smashed his head into the glass countetop.

"I don't know where he is, I haven't heard from him," Sebastian said.

His voice was shaky and blood was dripping down her nose and forehead, his hair was being held onto by Andreas and the pull sent waves of pain down his skull.

Andreas froze when he saw the map to Sauls house drawn on the countertop. He pulled Sebastian up.

"Maybe I'll see you around old friend," Andreas said, walking out of the shop, leaving him to sort out his issue.

1021 words