~36~

May 7th, 2022

Mumbles, whispers, stares all around. Y/n sits quietly, staring at one spot thoroughly barely hearing, listening to their attorney. Their mind raced with everything within the trail. Everything the witnesses said. All of of the evidence provided. Testimonies. Even the pictures and videos provided of Alycia.

Y/n sits up in their seat, hands covering their face before moving them through her shirt cut hair, slowly shaking her head side to side.

"Breathe. Don't let them see this," Freya McCall whispers, loud enough for Y/n to hear. Freya gently places her hand on her clients shoulder giving it a squeeze. "No matter what, we're going to get this cleaned up. The jury has to see that you love that girl. Even if you don't-"

"I do," Y/n says making it clear to her attorney. Y/n drops their hands off of the face and onto their lap sitting back in their chair. Their heads turns and she locks eyes with her attorney.

"Okay still... Either way, that's the best chance we have to getting you off of some of these charges."

"You saw the pictures Freya. They think I did that to Alycia. That was Marcus and that bastards dead."

"I understand Y/n, but I saw the way the jury reacted. How you've been reacting, some of those folks see the empathy for you. It's clear in a way that you are in love with that girl. And you would do everything to protect her but it's also been proven that you are guilty of some of these charges."

Y/n nods, sinking their teeth into their bottom lip. They pick up their hand placing a couple fingers over their lips. They tear their eyes from their attorney and to the ground as the judge hits her gravel against the table.

Everyone goes silent. All eyes went to the judge who clears her throat and nods.

"I'm told the jury has come to a decision. Let's bring them in," Judge Rollins speaks. An officer by the jury section opens the door. As soon as he does, the jury comes out and starts filling up their seats again. Everyone dead quiet in the room as Y/n's eyes remain on the ground.

Once all the jurors are in the judge looks towards Freya and Y/n.

"Will the defendant and counsel please stand," Judge Rollins speaks causing both Freya and Y/n to stand. "Alright, jury. How do you find the defendant?"

Y/n's eyes slowly trail over to the jury, cupping her hands in front of her trying to remain calm.

"Judge we found the defendant..." Y/n stares at the juror, blank faced as the words spill from her lips. Y/n's eyes fill with tears as Freya reaches up her hand, gripping onto Y/n's shoulder, squeezing it tightly. Murmurs and whispers occur through the courtroom as the juror continues.

Hands grab Y/n, turning them to face their lawyer. Their hands placed behind their back. Handcuffs forcefully going on wrist by wrist. Freya talking, rushing through her words as now both her hands squeeze Y/n's shoulders as Y/n just stares blankly at their lawyer. Her words fuzzy in Y/n's ears and head not hearing a thing she says before feeling the cops pull them back and take them up through th courtroom.

Everyone in the court was talking and staring. Y/n keeps their eyes straight ahead, becoming almost numb as they're dragged out the room. However as soon as they get out the room arms immediately wrap around Y/n causing the cops to stop and go to remove the person but another officer allows it.

"They can't take you. They can't!" Alycia begs, tears running down her eyes smearing her mascara even more. Y/n places her head down on Alycia not really able to hug the girl back.

"It'll be okay baby. I'll be okay," Y/n whispers to the Australian. "Don't do anything stupid kitten. I'll see you soon."

Alycia pulls away slightly from Y/n. Their eyes lock. Y/n tilts their head to the side, giving Alycia a reassuring smile, nodding.

"I love you," Y/n whispers before taking a step forward and gently placing a kiss on Alycia's lips. Both of their eyes close and before long the officers escorting Y/n tap them. Both Alycia and Y/n break apart. Their eyes meeting one last time before the officers grab Y/n and escort her down the hall.

The convicted killer glances down at the ground getting halfway to the exit before glancing over their shoulder to find Everlynn hugging Alycia from the side. Both of them looking at Y/n until Y/n's taken out the front doors.

Immediately flashes, loud chatter and yelling occur. Tons of people flooding the stairs as security makes a pathway for the officers to take Y/n to the car.

Questions asked but unanswered. Y/n keeps a blank face, head held high as they wiggle their way through the crowd. And after several moments of that they get to the van. The back doors open and Y/n's pushed in. They get in and sit down, glancing out the window only to lock eyes with Alycia's sad ones. Her mother now stood beside her, holding her hand along with Gunnar and Everlynn.

Y/n's eyes look at each of them before nodding and turning around.

"Alright let's head out!" The officer speaks banging on the back of the van once he closes the door. With that the van starts up and begins to move. Y/n leans back in their seat, leaning their head back as they close their eyes.

Mind racing with a million thoughts per second before a smirk inches onto their lips.

"All on the line," Y/n whispers before the cuffs are tossed off and they bring their hands around. A paper clip and blade in their hands. Blood swarming down off of their hand as they turn their head towards the guards in the two front seats. They cock their head to the side, smirking as they stand up and inch their way to the guards.

Out of the corner of the driver's eye he could see Y/n walking towards them.

"Hey sit your ass down!" He shouts trying to focus on the road. Y/n remains silent as they stop walking and just stand there. Their eyes flicking back and forth between the two officers as both of them shift uncomfortably.

"Sit down!" The passenger officer shouted. Still Y/n remains silent, staying standing as they grip the blade in their hand before picking it up and placing it to their stomach.

"All on the line," Y/n speaks up and raising it into the air. Both officers finally see the blade and immediately pull the van over as Y/n goes down with the blade driving it into their stomach. Their eyes go wide and they drop to their knees, blood beginning to slip out as shouting and concerned panicked voices appear from both officers as Y/n smirks through the pain watching the two officers exit the van calling for backup.

To Be Continued

Book 2:
Game of Survival
(Coming Soon)

Book 2: Game of Survival  (Coming Soon)