Follow the leader

•Kat•

I was on my way to the next hydra facility when Lilith spoke up

"Potential danger" she spoke "Shield is looking for the person who took out the latest hydra facility"

"What is shield?" I asked her

"A Special agency catered to the world of superhumans, aliens, and Superheros."

I reached into my green bag and pulled out the old newspaper from 2012, I looked closely at the black widows uniform and I could see a small logo that said shield on it.

"They work with the avengers, I'm going to assume they could be a minor threat, nothing I can't handle Lilith" I smiled even though I knew she couldn't see me.

I pulled up to the building, it looked like the other but much cleaner and well kept, but there were agents out front so I would have to sneak around back.

I slowly made my away across the side of the building heading for the guards, I peeked my head around the corner to get a look at there position. There were only two out front, I could take them.

I ran straight for the first one, wrapping my leg around his head and snapping it under my weight. I turned around and the other guard was pulling his gun out, I kicked his feet out from underneath him and scratched him along the side of his face.

I was careful not to make a commotion as I moved through the building plucking the hydra agents off one by one. At the basement level there were all scientists working on formulas. After I had killed all of them but one, always leave a lone wolf to go tell the big dog, I looked through everything they were doing.

All the chemicals and formulas looked familiar, like the ones they tested on me. I took a flash drive out of my pocket and plugged it into one of the hydra computers, uploading everything off their hard drive. It all seemed familiar but it seemed to be missing something.

I walked out of the building towards my car but then I thought, why not go out with a bang?

I formed a fireball in my hand and thrust it in the buildings direction. I sat there for a minute watching the building being engulfed in flames, if was satisfying.

Only two more to go

———————————————————————

•Steve•

"ANOTHER ONE?" Fury slammed his fists down on the table.

"The building was reduced to ashes sir" I defended.

"Bring up any unusual occurrence in the last month" fury talked to his computer.

"Store robberies, a musing snake, missing snake let out of captivity,-" fury paused, there was a little folder icon on the desktop that read 'Cobra project #01'

"Open folder" once the folder was opened virtual pages were setup around the room.

There was a picture of a women with one knee on the ground and her other leg out with her hand supporting her (black widow example at beginning of chapter or on computer on the side)

"Description: Queen cobra, only successor in the king cobra project. Danger level: 10

Killed: King cobra, 55 agents, 73 scientists." The computer read aloud

"Looks like we just found out killer" fury said with a little smile, feeling victorious with his findings.

"There's only one more known hydra facility in this area sir"

"Then you better beat her to it"

———————————————————————

•Kat•

Day 4 with no sleep: I seem to be doing okay, I'm living off pizza and potato chips but I think I'll be alright.

I turned the shower on and climbed in, I heard the sound of boiling water as the fire that lay dormant underneath my skin boiled the water that was newly hitting it.

"Maybe today's the day" I said to Lilith.

"Maybe" she responded

I turned the shower off and I ran a bath, slowly but surely I submerged my body into the water, still hearing that noise. The only thing left to be put under was my head, I took a deep breath and plunged my head under.

For a moment nothing happened, then my eyes shot open and I jerked out of the water in a spasm that I could only describe as a small seizure.

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me. "today wasn't the day" I said disappointed

"You should get some sleep then" Lilith said "you haven't slept in days and you have a big day tomorrow."

"I don't like to sleep Lilith you know that" I said rolling my eyes

"I know but maybe you should try" I looked into the mirror and saw the deep bags that were carved in under my eyes.

"I suppose ill try" I said getting dress and getting in bed.

I lay my head on the pillow, wanting to close my eyes but also not wanting to. I was afraid of what my sleep would bring.