Arc 4.17 Devon

Arc 4.17 Devon

Devon observed the man in white, he seems to be in a lot of pain. His face was pale as paper and he was in a coma but his face could not help but frown.

This made him sure just how much pain the other was in. Even when sleeping, he could still pain upon his body.

He squinted his eyes and could see that the others mana pool is heavily dry, which means that the other had used up a lot of mana even to the point of sacrificing himself to make up for the missing mana to conjure a powerful magic spell.

Looking at the mana pool closely, cracks are already forming within the pool about to crumble at any given moment, almost impossible to save it.

Devon's scrutinizing gaze could be seen and felt by the other group. Though Devon held no other thought other than to observe the current situation of their patient, this unfortunately caused an ire within the group.

They all look unkindly at Devon.

"What are you looking at?!" Clayton roared.

"Your dying patient." Devon nonchalantly answered without thinking twice.

This cold and with no hesitation answer of his only caused the ire of the others more which almost cause a slaughter, fortunately they do not have time to entertain him.

"Do you want to die? Who told you to curse him?!"

Or so, Clayton has enough time.

Clayton stood up and walk with long strides toward Devon who did not even step back and waited for the other to finally stand an arm length away from him.

The angry look and glare he was giving Devon could set any normal person to faint on the spot with fear, but who says Devon is normal?

"You lil shit! If I don't beat you up half to death then I will spell my name backwards!"

"Then start doing so now."

Devon calmly looked him in the eye, without even raising his hand, an invisible force hit Clayton and threw him back until he was kissing the wall.

The others look bewildered and slack jaw seeing Clayton who was the second strongest Demon General get blown just like that by a human, he did not even raise his hand!

Devon did not do anything more after that. He just continues to stare blankly at the Demon who was about to die due to mana depletion and crack mana pool.

The air between them was tense, neither spoke.

"I see..."

The silence was broken when Devon spoke.

He slowly walks towards the Demons who looked at him guardedly, Harton as he had heard, stood up and block his way with a dark face. He looked at him, his face saying that he will rip him to shreds if he ever tries to attack them.

Devon looked at Harton's face with all his focus for the first time, he was a bit surprised when he saw a pair of golden eyes staring back at him with guardedness and a bit of menace.

Once again, he could not help but feel that those golden eyes were familiar. Just as familiar as those people he had met before who also had the unique feature of golden eyes, his heart was always soft to people with this kind of unique feature which he doesn't know why.

He tried to ask his System sometimes if in some sort of coincidence, are they all the same people after all? But the response that he got all this time was a no.

Encountering such situation again, could he really fool himself again that the familiarity and the unique brightness of those golden eyes are not from the same person that he had missed from every world that he had been?

Harton frowned noticing that the other was coldly looking at him. But his gut feeling is telling him that the person in front of him was not cold at him but instead...warm?

Shaking his thoughts away, he blocked Devon's path more stubbornly than before.

Devon could not help but inwardly smile thinking about a cute cat in his mind who was puffing up his fur trying to scare someone, only to look cute in the others eye.

Unknowingly, his eyes softened.

"Don't worry, I won't harm him. He happens to be someone I knew and owes a lot of when I was a child. I just want to repay the favor." Devon quickly added the last sentence seeing their doubtful look.

"Do you think we will believe you?" Clayton whose brain cells were always offline countered back.

"It may be hard to believe because we are from different races, but I promise you all that I mean no harm. I just want to pay back his kindness to me. We were once..friends." Devon could not help but sigh sadly at this part.

There was actually a story behind the two of them.

When the original Devon was young, he was once saved by a dragon and due to some sort of unique circumstances the two became friends. And due to some incident, they became sworn enemies.

[Hidden Mission Unlock]

[The King's Regret]

[To Ask For Forgiveness Is To Rest One's Own Conscience]

[I Had Done You Wrong. My Only Wish Is Your Forgiveness. Even if Time Could Turn Back, I Will Still Make The Same Decision Even At The Cause Of My Own Life]

Harton looked at Devon with deep eyes, his thoughts unknown.

"But...."

"His already on his last leg, what more could I possibly do?/Just, let him do it." Devon and Harton said at the same time.

Devon looked surprised while on the other hand Harton seemed to want to grab someone and beat them, his expression turning a few shades darker.

Saving the situation, Devon who did not know why the back of his neck felt cold quickly sprang into action and seriously pondered about getting his wife er, heal someone.

Since the other Demon's got the confirmation from Harton, they no longer tried to stop nor block Devon but timidly and suspiciously looking at Harton.

Harton ignored their hot gazes and continued to maintain his cold façade and observe Devon in silence.

"It had already been a long time, yet you still remember us."