𝟏𝟏 | 𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐦

𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒎 - 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝓯 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 ┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

"Eomma!"

Springing onto the truck's bodywork, Cheong-San brushes past you so hurriedly that your hand falls from its resting place on his shoulder, practically bowling you over inadvertently, deluging rain pelting unforgivingly above you.

Nam-Ra rebalances you as On-Jo hastily grabs him by the arm, striving to pull him back down behind the cover of the vehicle's cab with much struggle.

"Cheong-San, no!" On-Jo whisper-yells as he flails in her grip, ultimately sinking to the ground, shaken up.

You eye him in concern before your gaze shifts to the undercarriage, Dae-Su and Joon-Yeong wedged mid-wriggle.

"Who are we supposed to stop?" Turning to Nam-Ra, she's just as lost as you are. To scream out a warning is the equivalent of surrendering, no doubt magnetizing proximate zombies, but to remain silent is the equivalent of murder, sending your friends to their untimely deaths.

Dae-Su's loud groans from exertion resounds even through the downpour, in conjunction with clinks from the metal pole he drags haphazardly, scraping against the ground. Due to lack of a timely caveat, he reaches the other side in no time at all. "Oh shi—" Dae-Su splutters, weapon clattering with a noisy clang as he drops it in alarm. "What the hell?!" His body slams into the edge of the flatbed, attempting to get far away from Mrs. Lee as much as possible, catching sight of her limbs twisting abnormally. At the next flash of lightning, it illuminates her mutilated face, drawing nearer to him by the second. "Fuck! There's one zombie here!"

Cheong-San drags his body up to peek, legs wobbling upon forcing himself to stand. What's supposed to be an aggrieved cry erupting from the depths of his heart turns into an airless, desperate plea. "Stop it. Don't hurt my mom."

In the meantime, Joon-Yeong has also traversed to the side Dae-Su is on, scrabbling to offer his help in wrestling Mrs. Lee to the ground. Without a second thought, Dae-Su clubs her severely on the top of her head, vying for survival. A grotesque crunching sound echoes, followed by another, and another, in an endless loop.

For every hit, Cheong-San weeps shriller. "I TOLD YOU TO STOP!"

"Wait!" You jolt forward, merely managing to grasp his ankle before he gives you the slip, hurdling over the tail end to the scene of action, irrational in his maddened state.

"Cheong-San, what are you doing?!" Joon-Yeong goes to yank him off as Cheong-San straddles Dae-Su, punching in succession without desire to concede. Not aware of the situation, Dae-Su succumbs to being pummeled, scarcely able to shield his face behind his raised arms.

"You son of a bitch!" Other belligerent expletives tumble from Cheong-San's mouth, in tandem with his tears.

Unable to watch any further, you're about to run around the vehicle when Nam-Ra tugs you back by the elbow, solemn. "The longer they fight, the more that zombies will come here."