45.

Babies always wore a gentle yet sweet scent that Asha could never resist taking a huge whiff of every other second

Babies always wore a gentle yet sweet scent that Asha could never resist taking a huge whiff of every other second. Khaleesi wasn't exempt from having Asha's nose snuggled in the crease of her neck. She was barely going on two months, and it was the very first time anyone was getting the chance to see her in person. Had Asha not made an impromtu drive through Je's old neighborhood, she wouldn't have known they were in town. Good thing for instincts.

"Y'all literally produced a doll. She's something out of a Disney movie and I'm obsessed." Asha swooned over the infant's blemish-free topaz complexion, black narrow eyes, and plump pouted lips.

"So am I. She doesn't look like me or Drew. She's just Khaleesi."

"She does favor Drew a little bit. She has our infamous elf like ears, that's for sure. Wow...you're a mommy Je." Asha ran her finger down the bridge of her baby cousin's nose.

"I know, and sometimes I can't even believe it myself. Not until it's like 8 o'clock and I realize I haven't washed my ass because I'm scared to leave her alone. I'll literally wait until Drew gets home from work to do anything forreal."

"Noooo, girl you can literally call me and I'll watch her over FaceTime so you can do what you need. Tell Mommy you love her and all but you don't wanna smell booty."

Jema chuckled, "Well, I gotta smell hers so we both have to deal with a little something. How've you been? Still at your parents?"

"I've been good," Asha smiled softly. "And yes and no. Since I've come back from my last work trip I've been in a hotel. I need mg own space, but I'm still undecided on if I want to rent in Miami again. Like I don't wanna make the hour drive everyday but I don't too much care for the city anymore."

"As the Senior of your department you can't do hybrid or work strictly outbound?" Je asked.

"I honestly haven't looked into it. It shouldn't be hard to do either because I'm at a desk all day and can hold my small meetings over Zoom. And it wouldn't be anything to travel for our big quarter meetings."

"You should. I know Pembroke probably leaves a bad taste in your mouth after going through all that with Blaze. Are you going to the Wild Card game this weekend?"

Asha gave her stale face, "Now why wouldn't I? I will be front and center tomorrow. My flight leaves for Cincinnati tonight."

"You think they'll advance to the Super Bowl?" she propped her arm on the back of the couch.

"I'm not qualified to say but my daddy and them believe they will if they keep the 'connection' they've had for the last few weeks. And Sanchez thinks they have a strong chance after coming back and practicing."

Je gave Asha a crooked smile, "How does it feel being back together. It's been what? How long?"

"Two months. It's feels...I don't know. New yet familiar. Warm. It feels a lot of things. We're both different and still mesh well like two perfect puzzle pieces. The long-distance thing is just new and trying."