043

charlie was rather enjoying herself, it was nice and she never got left alone, which was quite different from staying with wilbur, who would leave her by herself to play with the toys he had gotten her whilst he worked, streaming, music making and such.

charlie loved wilbur wholeheartedly, but it was nice to be constantly with someone, she had never liked being alone, it felt like everyone had left her, and she definitely didn't like that. 

it had been a while since the court case, maybe just over a month, she ha dto wonder if wilbur missed her, her thoughts told her that he didn't, that he was happy that she was gone, as much as those thoughts upset her, they helped her to move on, to be genuinely happy with her situation.

leo, was really nice to her, he had such good vibes and was just a joy to be around in general, he even took her out to get ice cream, and let her get two scoops! and they sat together at the park and he sang to the birds, he was a small musician, and he wouldn't usually do anything like that, but he wanted charlie to like him and apparently it worked as she always begged him to sing to the animals, it was rather adorable to watch.

even john, who leo called jay (when charlie had asked why, he said it was because his first name started with the letter jay, apparently john didn't like his name, charlie had felt slightly bad for referring to him as john, but they had reassured her that it was perfectly fine, but charlie had refused and now called him daddy, which reminded her of wilbur but she'd never admit that).

john was nice to her, during the first few weeks of living with him she had avoided him,personally she thought she was being very subtle about it, but to everybody else is was funny how obvious she was being about it, john couldn't say that he wasn't hurt, but he understood why, if he was her then he would most likely do that same exact  thing.

after the second week, after many failed attempts of talking to her he had sat her down, apologising for anything he had done in the past and informing her that he wouldn't ever do anything like that again. 

after that they all felt like a real family, it was nice, charlie had never really had anything like that, not that she could remember anyway. but she liked it, she felt like she belonged, she had never said anything but with wilbur she had always had a thought lurking in the dark, right at the back of her mind that she was a burden to him, that she was holding him back. and in some aspects she was genuinely right, but she didn't know that.

she and jamie got along like two peas in a pod, to anybody around it looked like they had known each other for years, even despite the age difference, charlie was his best friend, and he was hers it was truly heartwarming.

they had the brother-sister relationship that every family hoped for when having children.

They had been spending time with each other almost none stop, and it was nice, to finally have someone who made her genuinely happy. Charlie wasn't sure if she was there yet with john and leo, or even wilbur but it felt so natural with Jamie.

Charlie hadn't forgotten wilbur fully, but she was starting to, she definetely didn't want to but it was hard for her.

She had expected things to turn out so much differently, she had expected it to be just her and her father, she hadn't anticipated the other two, she had expected it to be the exact same as it used to be, but it wasn't and Charlie was welcomed, and felt loved.

She hoped wilbur was okay of course but she was just happy she had gotten a real family, a family that reminded her of her times before her brother and father had died, it felt exactly the the same, just with different people.

Charlie was definetely on her way to liking it in that home.

[Also if you like this book, I have a new book quite similar to this  go check it out on my account, its called dreams daughter]