Lust's Plan

Back when Kieran accepted Tristan's challenge at that shitshow of a meeting, Teru thought he was stupid.

Utterly stupid, driven by pure instincts to protect his omega.

A big, daft alpha, not thinking with logic.

Not this time. Teru knew this had to happen whether he liked it or not, and he was terrified of either outcome-being left mateless while pregnant or the unknown of what could happen afterward if Kieran won. If the king fell, would they finally be left alone? There were several enemies, so who knew?

He eyed the sea of soldiers with dread, who would fight to the death to prevent them from leaving the island per their master's command. Knowing what Abaddon was now capable of, the odds were stacked against them.

I can't believe I used my pheromones on a monster like that. He could've killed me if he wanted to. Did he let me attack him? Playing with me like a toy?

Teru felt the color in his face drain. He focused on Kieran's chest, not blinking. His heart petrified around the edges, already feeling the incoming grief of losing his other half again.

"D-don't put me d-down," Teru barely whispered.

If he holds me, he can't fight. It was a dumb reason to prolong his mate's likelihood of dying.

Teru became the stupid one.

Utterly stupid, driven by pure instincts to protect his alpha.

A small, frightened omega, not thinking with logic.

Abaddon snapped his fingers. It was as loud as thunder, startling him. The soldiers with rifles in the front rows simultaneously raised their weapons, aimed at the seven deadly sins. Kieran kissed Teru's forehead, pausing to smell his pheromones. Teru softly purred and lifted his face so their cheeks nuzzled.

"I'll win," Kieran mumbled quietly into his hair.

Teru stared into the hundreds of gun barrels, probably loaded with silver bullets. It triggered similar, unpleasant memories:

BANG.

BANG.

The rain of bullets didn't stop, each bang thundering in Teru's ears. Every piece of silver entered Kieran's weakening figure...After sixty or more shots with the fatal element, Kieran's movements finally slowed, soaked in red, body shaking, and blood streaming from his mouth. His eyes were a deep crimson, almost black...Abaddon whipped out a small handgun from his coat pocket and shot Kieran between the eyes. Kill shot.

"Please don't let me go." Teru didn't know what to do or say. He should know better. Nothing would stop this.

Kieran squeezed Teru before placing him into someone else's arms. He frantically looked at the lavender-scented person holding him, sprinting away as far as they could from the soon-to-be battle.

Lucas. Where did he come from? His best friend had been to hell and back: bruised and battered from whatever he had experienced during the series of fatal earthquakes and locust monsters. Soot colored his blonde hair. The purple swollenness in his wrist likely meant it was sprained or broken. Where Lucas gripped him, bloody handprints reddened the sheet.

Though glad to see he was overall okay, Lucas was not the one Teru needed. Teru strained his neck to look over Lucas's shoulder, just in time to see Kieran staring back at him. Their eyes met, Humility and Pride. He took out his arm from the depths of his blanket and reached out to Kieran.

"Kieran!" the omega shouted desperately, voice cracking. He wished the heavens would make his pleas loud, too, to deafen everyone until their ears bled. Maybe that would cease this madness. "Kieran!"