cheater

"I'm home!" I called out, opening the door to the loft and setting the bags of takeout I picked up on my way home on the dining table.

"Shawn?" I drawled, "I brought your favorite, come to the kitchen."

I began to walk toward the bedroom when he didn't reply. His car was parked outside, so I knew he was home. As I pushed the door back, I revealed a half naked Shawn, bottle of vodka in his grasp, empty beer bottles scattered amongst the floor.

"What's this?" I shouted furiously, half of me angry at the mess he made, the other upset that this was the third time he'd gotten drunk this week.

"I know what you did," he slurred, eyes half closed, the alcohol in the bottle he was holding splashing as he jerked his hand in my direction.

"What are you talking about?" I sighed, rolling my eyes while picking up the bottles on the ground one by one and placing them on the bedside table.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about!" he shouted, his loud voice echoing throughout the entire room. He swung his arm back, knocking down all the beer bottles I'd just picked up towards where I was standing, shards of sharp glass cutting into my feet. I screeched, backing away quickly.

"What the fuck, Shawn?!" I screamed, my mouth agape as I forcefully pulled his body up, snatching the vodka out of his grasp and slamming it onto the table.

"You cheated, you fucking slut. Get your nasty hands off of me," he cursed, jaw clenched, shoving my hands off and walking towards the kitchen.

Each word was like a slap to the face, every one of them knocking the breath out of me. Cheated? Slut? The hurt I'd felt was immediately replaced by anger as a followed him, grabbing him by the shoulders and turning his body around so that he was facing me.

"I didn't cheat! What the hell are you talking about?" I accused, stomping my foot to the wooden flooring beneath me, clenching my fists as I stared into his bloodshot eyes. The person I saw in those familiar brown eyes was unrecognizable. Instead, I saw a monster staring back at me, any kind of emotion failing to be seen.

He picked up my small body and slammed it against the wall behind me, the force of my back colliding with the surface causing my whole body to ache. He brought his mouth close to my face, the smell of alcohol burning my nose.

"Don't act dumb, you little whore. You know exactly what I'm talking about," he whispered, a sick look in his eyes as the grip he had around my body tightened, making it hard for me to breathe.

"Shawn, you're hurting me," I gasped, attempting to wriggle out of his grasp.

"And you hurt me," he jeered as I watched his hand go back. I screwed my eyes shut, not fully aware of what
he was going to do next.

A stinging sensation burned on my left cheek, tears pricking my eyes when I realized what Shawn had done. He hit me.

My body fell limp against the wall, cradling my sore skin with my palms as Shawn slowly backed away with awe in his eyes. He stared at his hands, then back at me

"Y/n, I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I-" he began, cutting his own words off with a sob.

Tears glazing over his eyes, the drops of water fell onto his cheeks, wetting the pale skin. He rushed over to me, trying to move the hand covering my face off so he could take a look. I shoved his body away.

"Leave me alone," I whispered, shutting my eyes and praying this was just a dream, and that it would all be over soon.

--

I hear quiet cries come from beneath the sheets when I finally decided to get up and face Shawn. A bag of ice covered my cheek, the imprint of his palm hitting my face beginning to leave a red mark. He'd hit me harder than he realized, underestimating his own strength.

Rolling into bed, I got as close to the edge as possible, turning my back to him and shutting my eyes.

"Can we talk about what happened?" he stuttered, placing his cool fingers on my bare thigh, rubbing up and down. I almost jerked away, but the comforting feeling of his skin touching mine was too hard to resist.

"There's nothing to talk about," I sighed, continuing to face the other way and failing to make any eye contact with him, "I'm leaving to Katie's right when I wake up, so don't bother making me breakfast or anything."

"No," he pled, taking my face in his hands and forcing me to face him, "please don't leave, we can fix this baby."

He began to cry harder when I shook my head. He looked like he was in pain, his eyes soft, and lips trembling as he repeatedly whispered 'no, no, no.'

"I'm a monster, I hit you, I called you a slut," he mumbled, turning away in shame. That was all it took for me to give in. The tears and the hurting look on his face almost made it hard to breathe, and it was like I had no other choice but to forgive him.

I took a deep breath, placing my finger on his lips and entangling my body with his as I ran my fingers through his soft brown hair. I could feel his body relax under my touch, his fast breaths slowing down.

"I'm so sorry. I'll show you I'm better than this. I'll show you how much I love you, I promise," he whispered into my hair, kissing the top of my head as he held my body to his.

I sighed shakily, nodding, far too tired to argue much longer. Kissing his pink lips, I fell asleep, feeling safe in his arms despite what had just happened. And that's how I knew I'd made the right decision.

-------

i feel like i could've made this a lot better..

anyways guys we're 300 reads away from hitting 2k !!!!! that's crazy thank you so much wowie

btw your comments seriously make me smile so hard and make me so happy and all of your votes are very appreciated so thank ya haha

peace luv shawn bye❤️❤️