Chapter 116

"My hair sucks!"

     "Your hair is as beautiful as always, Layla."

     "Liar!"

     "I'm not lying! You look great!"

      "Urgh!" Layla groaned loudly, burying her face inside her palms in frustration. "Out of all the days my Sleekeazy's hair potion could run out, it chose tonight to run out!"

     "What's so special about tonight anyway?" Diana asked, rolling onto her stomach as she was laying in bed with her Charms book in hand. "It's just another Slugclub party. He invites the same people every Christmas. You've met them all already. You don't have to go if you don't want to."

      Layla, however, didn't reply. What Diana didn't know was that it wasn't about the famous witches and wizards Layla was going to see tonight. It was about someone else; a blonde Gryffindor girl whom she had asked to the party as a friend.

     "I can't go looking like this." Layla grudgingly pointed at her reflection in the mirror. "I absolutely can't."

     Diana rolled her eyes and let out a sigh before closing her book and jumping off the bed, making her way toward the dormitory's door.

     "Where are you going?" Layla asked with a frown, trailing her with her eyes.

     "I'm going to shut your overdramatic arse up. Just wait here," Diana said, leaving the dorm and closing the door behind her.

     She made a run out of the dungeons and up the Gryffindor tower, finally reaching the portrait of the Fat Lady in a panting mess. Not even her many years of Quidditch practice and exercising had prepared her for running this long distance in such a short time.

    "Are you okay?" the Fat Lady raised an eyebrow at her.

     "H — ello. I — want — talk to — Remus," Diana tried to say between her heavy breaths, with her hands resting on her knees and her cheeks flushed.

    "Well, you can't go inside. Slytherins aren't allowed in," the Fat Lady said firmly.

     "Can't you — can't you just visit another portrait inside the common room and then yell out Remus's name? I want to ask him for something. Please?"

     "Fine." The Fat Lady rolled her eyes before disappearing out of her portrait. It took at least three minutes until she reappeared once again, and moments later her portrait door swung open.

     Diana's expression brightened up the moment she saw Remus walking outside into the corridor.

     "Hey." He smiled at her sweetly, chuckling when he saw her wheezed up hair and red cheeks. "Was there a running marathon I didn't know about?"

     Diana grinned. "Believe it or not, I just came here to ask if James had any of his father's Sleekeazy's hair potion."

     Remus laughed. He hadn't known what to expect from Diana's surprising visit, but this certainly was the last thing that could come to his mind.

     "I'm not sure if he has any. Have you seen what James's hair looks like? There's no way that potion has ever touched his head," he said with a playful grin. "But I can still ask him if you want. His mum usually sneaks one bottle into his trunk every year in hopes that he would come to his senses and use it."

    "He never does though, does it?"

    "No, never." He chuckled again. "I'll go ask him now. I'll be back in a minute."