Chapter 35

"Bobby asked to marry you?!!" Chaeyoung shouted on the other line "What did you say? Tell me!"

Jennie who's leaning on the kitchen bar wince on Chaeyoung's voice, she grab the glass of water and drink "Yeah I- "

"Did you just say yes?!" Chaeyoung cut her off.

Jennie rolled her eyes and sit on the couch, it's pass midnight and both of them can't sleep for unknown reason.

"Just let me finish first, okay?" Jennie said, maintaining her voice low.

"I'm sorry, just surprise on this revelation" Chaeyoung said.

Jennie sighed and played on her fingers "I said no" She briefly said.

"Oh my God! You are a grown up lady now!" Chaeyoung giggle "Then what he had said?"

Jennie shakes her head on Rosé's over reaction "Well, he understands" She replied "I feel guilty but I think that's the best decision. I don't want to commit" She added.

"Uhm! Probably, he feels threaten to Lisa knowing that she's home or he really wants to tie knot with you"

Jennie's face sadden "Have you ever talked to Jisoo?" She asked.

"Actually, we've talked few days ago about what's going on there and she told me they are fine and hopefully will be home soon" Chaeyoung stated.

"How about Lisa?" Jennie asked.

"U-Uh, I didn't get the chance to ask her. Why not call them? I know the chance of connecting on their line is low but you can try"

"I've been calling them and no one's answering. Before, Dr. Lee will immediately respond but today is different" Jennie uttered, she put down her phone when she heard Reign's whimper from the room "I'll call you back, bye"

Jennie instantly ended the call and hurriedly go back to her room where she found Reign having a bad dream. He's crying on his sleep and looking for Lisa.

"Sshhh, Mommy's here" Jennie whispered and hug him tight, the young boy stop and grip on Jennie's shirt "I love you" She whispered on him.

When Reign fall asleep again, Jennie sit on the bed and stares at her phone. She grips on it and decided to go downstairs again. She made her way towards their telephone and has hesitation. She takes deep breath and grab their telephone, she dials the number and surprisingly it rings.

Jennie shakes her hand and pop her cheeks out of nervousness. Minutes later and still no response from the other line, she tries again until someone pick up the telephone.

"U-Uh" Jennie stuttered.

"Hello?"

Out of anxiousness, Jennie drop the call and hold her breath. She looks at herself on the mirror and her cheeks are blushing.

"Why am I even feel this way?" She asked herself. She let out a deep breath and take courage to call again but unfortunately there's no more signal on the other line. Jennie hold tight on the telephone and hang up.

"Who are you calling at this time?"

Jennie jumped out on the sudden voice from behind "You almost kill me Dad" She groan.

Mr. Kim chuckle and go straight to the kitchen. Jennie stares at the telephone and give up calling again. She lay down on the couch and suddenly received a message from Bobby.

"I am home, goodnight ❤"

Jennie smile weakly and open her phone to reply on him but her fingers stop moving when she sees her homescreen picture which is her college graduation picture with Lisa, they both graduated with highest honor. They both look really young but that was the time when Lisa is head over heels on her. Missing those times that Lisa find a way to give everything to Jennie despite of struggles on saving money on her own.