Ch 595: Just Wanted A Hug

Lin Ye did not expect Nian to be the kind of person that never stops talking. That came as a surprise to him.

When Nian was still in her child-like form, she would normally avoid talking with people and hide behind Lin Ye.

Nothing in his life lived up to his expectations.

A rumoured cold huntress? Wrong. She was actually a kind-hearted person.

A goddess of an icy country? Wrong. She was a reincarnation of a cat that he couldn't save.

A doctor that is a known figure in this world? No! She's just a pervert who wants to suck his blood dry.

And now his cute little sister has turned into a grown adult.

He often heard parents who said that children grew up fast, but this was ridiculous!

This trend was a running theme in his life.

Talking about Nian, her sudden change of appearance almost made Skadi misunderstand and attack her on the spot. Luckily, for the sake of this ship, Skadi trusted Lin Ye enough to not attack Nian. Even so, Skadi never let her guard down around Nian as they made their way to the dining hall. In theory, Nian is supposed to be in the same state as Skadi now. Regarding strength, Skadi was the most dangerous for Nian but the huntress's presence didn't even bother her as Nian was only focusing on Lin Ye. Even with Skadi's sword on her neck, she didn't seem to care.

And as for the other's reaction to Nian's sudden... growth, it varies.

Except for Messiah, their eyes widened at the sight of Nian, fully grown, smirking at them.

Messiah, who arrived a few minutes earlier, smiled.

This made Lin Ye nervously smile back at them as he walked to the table.

He took a seat next to Messiah, making a smile appear on the goddess' face. Then in the corner of his eye, Lin Ye could see Nian rushing to his side and sitting next to him, leaving Skadi dumbfounded at how fast the deity ran.

The glare that Skadi was aiming at Nian was the coldest stare that Lin Ye had ever seen on a person's face in both of his lives. Luckily, Skadi did not make a scene and sat at the other side of the table. Seeing that she was facing Lin Ye improved her state, luckily enough.

The sitting arrangement of the table was now; Warfarin, Messiah, Lin Ye and Nian at one side and on the other was FEater, Grani and Skadi.

A waiter came to their table and was about to take their order. However, when he arrived at the table, the tense atmosphere made the poor man sweat.

Seeing the man in a stressed state, Lin Ye thought he should end his suffering. He ordered the spiciest thing that they had on the ship. Nian glanced at him. Seeing her smile and nod at him was a sign that she agreed with him.

Messiah followed his lead and ordered a simple cup of tea.

Then Skadi told the waiter that she wanted tuna, the way they would serve it was up to them.

The waiter took this as his chance to get the fuck out of there as fast as possible after writing the orders down, practically running away after he was done.

When the group was left alone, Lin Ye could feel all eyes on him. He turned to his right to see Warfarin glaring a hole into his head. When his eyes were on her, the vampire nudged her head at the elephant in the room, a fully grown Nian.

Even without using Maple, Lin Ye could tell their heartbeats were skyrocketing. They were afraid that Nian would attack them now because of how they defeated her in the cave at the start of their journey.