044

A few months had passed since he had lost charlie, two months and eight days to be exact. It had been hard for wilbur, it still was hard for him but he was finally starting to get into his old routine, the routine from before he had taken Charlie in.

It was odd, but it felt nice.

He could sleep in until whatever hour of the day he chose to, he could eat and drink whatever he wanted, he could eat unhealthily without having to worry about anything, he could drink alcohol and get drunk in the comfort of his own home without having to worry about being responsible for another human being. He could do anything he wanted to. He didn't have to care.

He could be as reckless as he could possibly want, he. Didn't. Care.

He felt so free, he had nothing holding him back in life, he could write music for himself, or for lovejoy, and he didn't have to wait until someone wad in bed to sing it, he didn't have to worry about anyone hearing the bad words in the song and repeating them, he didn't have to worry about being a bad influence.

But ever since charlie had been taken away, wilbur always had this empty feeling in his chest, he just wanted it to go away, but there was nothing he could do.

He couldn't see Charlie, he couldn't speak to her or anything, it's not like he looked after her for over 8 months or anything. But none of that seemed to matter to the judge, he was just supposed to forget about the little girl, forget everything about her, he was meant to disregard everything they had ever done together, ever memory meant nothing anymore, they didn't matter.

To wilbur everything mattered, he didn't want to forget her, he didn't want to disregard anything to do with her, bit that's what he was being told to do.

But it was irritating, why couldn't he choose his own decisions, surely he should know what's best for himself, he didn't need to be babied, he knew how to look after himself.

He didn't need to be lectured, he wasn't a child.

He had lost someone close to his heart, somebody he loved, if he wanted to drink excessively to the point he was always drunk then he could.

He didn't want to speak to anyone about it, he wanted it to seem like he was okay, he wasn't, but fake it till you make it right?

[Follow for more]
[If you like this book, I have a dreams daughter book that you should check out :)]