68.

Romeo had immediately shoved me under the table when the shooting started to hide me away with Harper. Harper was holding her hand over her mouth while her other hand was holding Serena. I had Bambi in my arms, needing to protect her too. It all was too much I was so sure none of us would ever survive this day.

"It's going to be fine, I'm sure everything will work out," I whispered, stroking her hair to try and calm her down. Tears were streaming and falling down her cheeks.

Romeo joined us five minutes after. The attack had been going on for about 35 minutes. It felt like it was never going to end.

"I've got guards ready to escort you away, you'll have to run as fast as you can until you get to the woods, okay? Don't stop until you reach the woods." Romeo said to us, stroking my hair and giving me a longing kiss on the lips and moving to my forehead.

He moved to Harper and gave her a quick hug, kissing Serena's forehead too. When Romeo left, Harper shook her head.

"You've done this before, Sienna. You have to take her with you and get out of here. I stand no chance and I'm not taking the risk of dragging you down with me again. Okay? I love you so much, please take care of her while I'm gone." Harper told me, kissing Serena's forehead and mine as a goodbye. I knew I had to leave everyone and everything behind.

A tear left my eye, and I nodded as a way to tell her that I understood what she wanted me to do. I understood the sacrifices and this could be the last time I was able to see the family we created for ourselves. I grabbed Bambi and Serena tighter, leaving from under the table and running away as quickly as I could. The sounds of the shooting weren't coming my way, though I continued until I was in the woods. Just like I promised Romeo I would do.

I was going to continue until I was close enough to the water, but running through the woods with zero oxygen left to take, I stumbled over some stones and fell. I didn't let myself fall on my stomach, but on my back instead. I was lucky nothing happened to the small baby in my arms. Serena let out a cry, and Bambi removed herself from my arms as she barked at something.

Someone.

I sat up and shushed the baby in my arms, whispering sweet things to hopefully cheer her up though she didn't understand a word. I held her closer to me while getting up, almost losing my balance. Bambi helped steady me and followed as I walked to the person she was barking at earlier. My dress has ripped up to my thigh, and it was barely white anymore. I looked filthy.

"You finally arrived," Phil said.

He had been waiting for me. It was him this whole time.

"I've known and cared for Romeo since he was a child, but my loyalties had always been with his father. Though you deserve to get away, don't you?" Philip asked me.

How could he do this? How could he do this to Romeo and Antonio? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It must've been a prank. Just let me wake up from this horrendous nightmare.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Sienna. I am. Follow me, and I'll get you away from here." When I didn't move, he walked over to me and forcefully grabbed my arm, leading me to a yacht. Bambi was following from behind, but he didn't care. It was empty inside.

"What about Romeo? And Harper and Antonio too! Are you just planning on killing them and going on with your life like they were nothing but strangers to you?" I asked. Philip shoved me into a seat and sat down across from me. He put his gun on his lap. He knew I was going to try something somehow. Bambi jumped up on my lap and hissed at Phil.

Serena started crying in my arms again.

"That's life. We move on. If we don't, that's how we get ourselves killed." Philip told me. I rubbed Serena's back, trying to calm her. I shook my head, tears falling down my cheeks.

"What's going to happen to me now? Are you going to kill me too?" I questioned, rocking the baby in my arms. Bambi was licking my hand, and she seemed way too comfortable.

"What a great question, but no. I'm going to transfer you back and I'll change your identity. After that, you can go on with your life and act as if nothing happened with your new daughter." Philip explained to me.

"How does Sarah Wilson sound?" He added.

"Don't do this to me, Philip. I'm begging you. How am I supposed to live a life and act like Harper's daughter is mine? How am I supposed to live a life without Romeo?!"

"You've done it before, and you can do it again. Don't worry. You'll get used to it." He said and got up. He was wrong, more than wrong. I could get used to the idea of living like normal people, but not without the people that make me who I am every single day. There was no way to escape this. I was stuck with Serena and Bambi and I had to carry on with my life and act as if nothing happened.

"Why did you let me live? What did I do to deserve this?" I asked, desperate to know what I could've done differently for this to have been avoided.

"You remind me of my daughter. You are something truly special, and I can't take that away from you. That's why I want to give you another chance. Let's call it... another chance at life."

God knows if Romeo, Harper, and Antonio are okay. I was praying. Praying till I passed out. Praying till I woke up in an apartment with the name Sarah Wilson on it. I used to be Elizabeth too, but that part of me died, because I could never really escape who I was. Now that I'm Sarah Wilson, it means the same thing.

Before Philip left my life forever, he told me that they were all dead. He showed me pictures and it was enough to make me throw up on the spot. It was enough to make Serena cry so hard it sounded like screaming from inside her new bedroom. It was enough to make Bambi bite Philip's leg. And somehow, I still survived six years later.

___________________

OH MY GOD YALL THIS IS THE SECOND LAST CHAPTER AND TAD WILL BE DONE FOREVER.

I hope I'm not breaking anyones heart right now, and I certainly don't hope y'all are crying or something because I can't make myself feel too sad about this. Anyway, I hope you guys like this and the next chapter. Be ready for a new mess starting and ending!

I love you all so much. Vote and comment and I'll see you in the next chapter, hopefully<33