Chapter 28

ANYA SAT IN HER ROOM, LOOKING down as Sasha as she slept in her chair, doing some marking for one of her tests when she heard the door open

She looked over, holding her hand out before realising it was Saul. She jumped up, rushing into his arms.

"How did you get here? How did you get in?" She asked before pulling him in for a kiss.

He chuckled, pulling away, "Give me a second love," he said jokingly, "Harvey let me in,"

Anya smiled, looking behind her at the crib and walking over, picking up the now awake Sasha and holding her in her arms.

"You want to meet your daughter?" She asked, noticing the way his eyes already began to well up at the sight of her.

He nodded and he sat down in the armchair, smiling as she passed Sasha to him.

He wiped a tear away before putting his hands back down to support her. He couldn't get over how surreal the moment was.

She had his eyes, that much was evident and he could already see his cheeky smile on her face. She was the perfect mix of both of them.

"She's perfect," He said, trying to hide the shake of his voice.

Anya was tearing up as well. He was such a natural with her and they bonded instantly, it was like he never missed a second of her life. 

Saul sniffled, tears welling up again in his eyes as he looked down at his daughter. She was perfect in every way.

"God, she's beautiful," he said, rocking her gently in his arms.

She cooed, little hands moving around as she squirmed in his grip. He smiled at her, he could have held her all night.

Anya sat down next to him and she leaned over, not surprised when he captured her lips in a kiss. They'd missed out on so much and now she had him back.

She pulled away when Sasha began to make a noise and Saul instantly managed to calm her down. It was like she just knew that he was her dad.

"I'm so proud of you Anya, for doing it all," he said, shaking his head, "I wish I could've been there for you,"

She nodded her head, smiling, "Well you're here now and that's all that matters," she said.

They must have sat there for at least an hour, talking and catching up and kissing every now and then. It felt like nothing had changed.

"Are you going to talk to Sky?" Anya asked and he sighed.

Saul wanted to see him but didnt know how hed react, "Probably before I go back to Sebastians," he explained.

She nodded her head, hating that he had to go back so soon. He already had had not enough time with his daughter and now he had to leave again.

He stood up, walking the now sleeping Sasha back to her bassinet and placing her down, watching as she found comfort in her bed