53

"I'm being so serious

"I'm being so serious." I look at Heath from the position I was in.

My legs hang from the edge of the couch cushions and I could feel the blood rushing to my face but this felt good for my back.

Heath was busy paying attention to something more interesting on his phone. I don't think he was listening to me.

"Uh huh." He responds and I sigh, looking down at the pink piggy slippers on my feet. I look at the same kind of slippers on Heaths feet. They didn't suit him at all.

"I would totally be breaking hearts left and right if I was a guy, just saying." I poke him on the shoulder with my foot.

"I'm sure you would." Heath says, sparing me a glance to look at my face.

"I totally would, Heather." I call him that when we're gossiping. Heath is quite the listener for gossip, another thing I discovered that he liked doing.

These last couple of months we've spent living together have been the highlight of my life. A couple months ago I would've thought I would be wasting my life at some college that would take all my money. Turns out I'm not. Hallelujah.

In a month or two our house was renovated thanks to me and my interior designer skills. Heath allowed me to do pretty much anything I wanted with the house except for his side of the room.

Other than that the house was a mixture of pastel colors and black and gray. Id say the perfect mix of the both of us.

Recently I had been on a secret party planning mission for Heaths birthday. It was just around the corner and I already wanted to start planning something. I talked to him about it and It didn't take much guessing to find out he didn't like celebrating his birthday.

He's never had a surprise party before but this would be the year he did. I want to spend the rest of my life doing things we both never got the chance to do.

I got everyone in on the plan so it was all up to me and my big mouth to not give anything away. Which is why I've been trying to come up with different topics to talk about other than his birthday.

"I need a refill, sir." I snap my fingers at him and he glances at my empty cup.

A glass of chocolate milk a day keeps the doctor away. That's my version of that.

"Okay?" He raises a brow. He's so lazy.

"Get it for me, please?" I ask politely and he puts his phone done finally.

"What will you give me if I do?" He asks with that look on his face that I had grown to recognize as the "I'll kiss you" look.

My favorite kind of look.

"A sloppy gushy-" Without even having to continue he's off into the kitchen with my cup in his hand.

He's too easy.