Chapter 4: A New Team

Later that day, Homura and the other magical girls she had already met in Kamihama were waiting for Touka and Nemu to arrive.

Rena: So, how do they know where this place is?
Homura: I texted them the address. I was kind of surprised that they had phones at their age.
Momoko: If you're spoiled enough, you could get anything you want.

Homura knew this after seeing it firsthand via Touka, Nemu and Alina in the previous timeline.

Touka: Um...hello?
Homura: Come on in, girls. I'm inside with the others.

Touka and Nemu walked in.

Mitama: Ms. Satomi! Ms. Hiiragi! It's good to see you again.
Nemu: You too, Ms. Yakumo.
Touka: So, what's all of this about?

Homura then told them what she had told Mitama and the others the day before about her past. She also told them about Touka and Nemu's roles in the previous timeline and in Magius.

Touka: Whoa. We led a worldwide movement that could save all magical girls.
Homura: Yes, but like I said, it didn't exactly work out. With that being said, however, I think it could still work if done right. So, in this present timeline, I'm looking to start Magius up again and get it right this time.
Touka: And I'm guessing you need our help?
Homura: Yes. You two helped get Magius off the ground the first time, and I think you can do it again now.
Momoko: Isn't this kinda like that "Back to the Future" movie?
Homura: ...I guess so.
Nemu: But what can we do? We're not exactly scientists.
Mitama: Never underestimate what a magical girl is capable of. I think you two could accomplish anything together. You're among the smartest magical girls, let alone people, I've ever met.
Touka: Aww, thank you, Ms. Yakumo.
Kaede: Just believe in yourself, and don't listen to what anyone tells you.
Homura: Especially don't listen to Kyubey. ...Speaking of Kyubey, where is he?

Homura was caught up in her plans that she realized that she did not see Kyubey since she entered the city.

Momoko: Come to think of it, I haven't seen Kyubey around lately.
Rena: Good riddance.
Homura: You can say that again. Anyway, Kyubey wasn't in the city in the previous timeline either. If he's not here now, then that means...oh no.
Momoko: What's wrong?
Homura: So, there was another Magius leader. I don't know if she founded the group with Touka and Nemu, but she led Magius alongside them. She was able to create a forcefield around Kamihama that kept Kyubey from entering, but it also kept what Touka created inside of the city. In order to save all magical girls, that creation must be able to reach magical girls outside of Kamihama.
Touka: So why not just break or put down the forcefield? Kyubey won't actually do anything to stop us outside of his words.
Homura: That is true, but Kyubey isn't the main problem. The problem is that third Magius girl.
Mitama: Do you remember her name?
Homura: ...Alina. Alina Gray.
Momoko: Oh no.
Rena: Not that demented son of a-
Mitama: Hold on, girls. Alina is pretty notorious in this timeline, yes, but what about in the previous timeline?
Homura: All I really know is that she was looking to turn all of humanity into magical girls, meaning the entire planet could eventually become nothing but a wasteland of witches and death.
Touka: Wow. How I ended up working with someone as crazy as her is beyond me.
Homura: I don't know those details either. Regardless, I think I have no choice but to recruit her, too.
Rena: But how? She's insane!
Homura: I know, but I've been through a lot as well since I'm a magical girl and I've lived through so many different timelines. I can try and use my own experience to knock some sense into her.
Touka: What if we just brainwash her?
Homura: I don't recommend that because you actually tried that on any Wing of the Magius who opposed you or could've opposed you.
Touka: And I'm guessing that didn't help matters much?
Homura: Sadly, no. Plus, one of your creations ended up fusing with one of the brainwashed magical girls, which created another problem.
Touka: Oh. I guess I have to be careful with what I might be capable of.
Nemu: I'm not too sure about this, Touka. Between the potential power of our own creations and this Alina girl, I'm not sure if this will work out this time.
Mitama: You seem awfully dedicated to this plan of yours, Ms. Akemi. Why is that? Is it because of your wish?
Homura: Well, that's one of the reasons.
Mitama: Any other reasons?
Homura: Well, another good reason is that in another timeline, when my friend Madoka died, she turned into one of the most powerful witches in history, if not the most powerful. Kyubey told me that her witch was capable to destroy the planet. Even though my witch was specifically for Madoka, I don't want Kyubey to drive us to extinction either.
Kaede: Poor Madoka. I wouldn't want anything to happen to a magical girl like her or anyone in the world.
Touka: I'm more interested in saving all magical girls specifically, but I agree. I also don't want the world to end.
Momoko: Well, I'm pretty convinced. I'd say "Let's do it!"
Rena: But what about that psychopath Alina and her forcefield?
Homura: I'll take care of her.

She then turned to Touka and Nemu.

So what do you say, girls? Are you in?

Although Nemu still slightly hesitated, she looked at Touka, and both of them nodded.

Touka: Yeah. You can count us in.
Homura: Great. Thank so you much. If this works, you'll not only help me save Madoka, but also the entire world. You'll be heroes.
Kaede: That sounds great! A team of magical girls helping humanity sounds great.
Homura: That's not where my plan ends, but I say let's take things one step at a time.
Mitama: I agree. It's best not to overthink a plan like this.
Rena: This all sounds promising, but what do you want me and the others to do?
Homura: Just sit tight for now. It's gonna take all of our strength and efforts combined to stop Walpurgisnacht once everything else is said and done.
Touka: Great. Though I think I may need to wait until tomorrow to get started because it's getting late and Nemu and I should be getting home soon.
Nemu: Yeah. But will you help us with what we need to do and make, Ms. Akemi?
Homura: Yes. Every step of the way.
Nemu: Okay. Thank you.
Homura: No problem. And thank you.

The girls all went their separate ways as the sun set in Kamihama. Back in Mitakihara, Kyubey seemed to pay no mind to the fact that Homura was in a city that he could not enter, thus allowing her to plot something against him. Homura decided to take this for granted in the meantime, especially since Kyubey tended to only fight back with his words and misunderstanding of human emotions and thoughts. Nonetheless, whether or not her "operation" would succeed depended not only on what Touka and Nemu originally created for the Magius, but also Alina and what she was able to contribute. With that being said, she decided to hold off from thinking too much about it until tomorrow, when she would revisit Kamihama and help Touka and Nemu learn what they had contributed to the city and magical girls in the previous timeline so that they could potentially save the world this time, in addition to Madoka.