Situation at Hand

Arthur POV:

The calmness of the night as I drifted to sleep was shattered by a loud sound originating from downstairs.

BANG!

Alistair and I quickly got up, on full alert, before slowly making our way down. My eyes widened in shock as I saw my father and the Twin Horns fighting against a few A-class beasts. It was mostly Jasmine who was distracting all three beasts together while the rest of Twin Horns showered magic spells and attacks on them.

My body went on autopilot as I willed wind to shoot me towards the lion-like beast. My teal sword revealed itself as I unsheathed it after summoning it from my spatial ring. 

Alistair was ahead of me as he cut the two A-class beasts without any sign of effort. 

My teal sword turned slightly blue as I wrapped blue fire around it. My sword cut through the lion beast's neck as if it was hot knife cutting through butter.

"What's happening?" Alistair asked as he turned to the adults in the area.

All of them were shocked like us and couldn't reply to his question. Suddenly, a massive noise distracted all of us. 

I signalled everyone except for Al to stay back as we checked out the area. 

"Can you see anything, Al?" I asked while struggling to find anything other than destroyed houses. 

'It's a full-blown attack, but that was already obvious,' I commented internally while Al replied to my query. 

"I am not sure, but I can see a lot of powerful mana signatures, A and AA-class beasts fighting against adventurers," he squinted his eyes, "and they are losing."

"Mom, dad, we are going to help out," I called out to my parents before telling Sylvie to stay with them.

Al and I quickly rushed off without waiting for them to respond. Lightning coiled around both of us as we took a giant leap in the air.

Once we were high enough, I could also make out the beasts fighting against the adventurers. At the same time, I could see a humongous crimson barrier surrounding Xyrus Academy.

We both landed on top the beasts with a huge explosion, killing many of them effortlessly. Most of them were fried up by Alistair since I didn't want to use Integrate yet. 

He had a troubled expression on his face as we finished the rest of the weak beasts, with Al dealing with the last AA-class beast while I dealt with the weaker A-class beasts. 

"Don't worry, Lancelot and Rachel are with Tess," I said as I grasped his shoulder with my right hand.

He turned towards me before giving me a solemn nod. 

"A-ah, are you two the semi-finalists of the Xyrus Academy tournament, Alistair Leywin and Arthur Leywin?" the adventurer who seemed to be their leader asked. 

He was quite strong, as strong as Jasmine. I looked around him to see over a dozen A-class adventurers lying dead.

"Do you know what's happening?" I asked him before taking a step towards his direction.

He coughed into his fist to regain his composure before responding, "I don't know the gist of the full situation. These powerful beasts suddenly appeared from the Academy that then became encased in that crimson barrier. Don't worry though, I already called for help from the Council."

"Oh, where are my manners! My name is Simon, I am the head of the adventurer's guild in Xyrus City. Come on now, there is a rendezvous point in case of such an emergency."

"Art, Al, wait!" I heard Helen's voice just when the two of us were about to leave the area.

The Twin Horns, except for Angela and my parents were looking battle-ready as they closed the distance. 

"Art, Al, where were you — oh, Mr. Simon, I apologise for not recognising you."

"It's all fine," Simon waved his hand, "I was just leading these two to the rendezvous point. It's actually good since you guys are here as well, come with us.  The Xyrus City's immediate fate may rest upon the decision of this meeting after all."

I heard roars of even more powerful beasts, causing all the adventurers to rush as they almost ran to the meeting.

'It's time for the counter-attack now,' I thought to myself while following them.

_____________________________________________

Lancelot POV:

CRASH!

BOOM!

BANG!

Loud sounds boomed around me while I desperately tried to concentrate and focus on my three enemies while also protecting as many of the students as possible.

'How the hell did I even get into this situation?' I thought as I repelled a blue fire orb heading for me before shooting of more gravity infused green arrows.

[Spirit of Zephyr]

My green sword blocked the attack from the professor of — former professor of swordsmanship. His strength that was previously only that of a light yellow stage mage had boosted by several times by some sort of elixir that caused his life force to be drained and used in his spells.

'Even if the elixir results in the person using it to die, it is still quite powerful,' I thought before countering the deviant professor's lightning bolts with gravity magic that caused them to dissipate. 

The earth around shook and giant walls appeared around me, trying to trap me inside. 

[Spirit of Boreas]

My sword changed to a halberd that blew away the magic spell without much difficulty. However, the water based sword professor took the opening to attack me by combining his attack with the deviant professor's lightning spell.

'This one is a bit dangerous,' I thought as I conjured a thick green mana shield to block all the attacks.

Luckily, the students had retreated with the support of the DC members, so I could finally let it loose.

[Spirit Dive]

Green mana surrounded my body, wrapping me in some kind of cloth armour. My power increased exponentially, and I had little doubt that I was equal to the Lances now. 

The sudden mana burst caused the professor's to flinch in shock and I took full advantage of the situation.

[New magic spell: Heaven's Judgement]

A small green ball conjured up inside my palm before shooting up towards the sky. After reaching a certain height, it burst open. Hundreds of mana arrows fell down with varying strength as I attacked all the traitors near me.

The three professor all struggled to defend against the attack while I sent another spell their way.

[Spirit of Euros]

Three blazing green arrows conjured next to my bow that was elven in design. I shot the three arrows, killing the professors instantly. 

'I should regroup with the others,' I thought as I moved out.

(A/N: Next up is the counter-attack. Next week, I may not post since I have SAT on 1st October. So, I'll try to post the next chapter on Saturday. See you guys then!)