Chapter 32

We hopped out of the car after I raced down to the gym and we starts heading in. The sun is so scorching that seems it might rain in the evening.

We step into the studio to see a few folks hitting the gym, mostly guys, and they are inspired by some cool music playing from an MP speaker.

Exactly what is expected as the studio is always full in the morning or rather in the evening.

Only free people can make it to the gym by this time of the day, most would still be busy with work or studies.

All the same, one can work out at any time of the day. Every period has its benefits and the main thing is to achieve them.

I exchange pleasantries with some I know while setting up their equipment well. I help a lady adjust the seat of a lat pulldown machine.

"Do not shrug your shoulders," I say as I gently tap her shoulder, and she releases the shrug, keeping her body upright.

"Thank you," She replies, letting out a fast breath.

I veer to the ones making moves without equipment or machine.

I watch them doing some sets of mountain climbers. I try to correct those who are moving their necks to keep them neutral by showing them as I kneel with my hands on the floor to do some sets.

"Hmmm," I hear Karen reacts as she walks up to my side while I smile as I get up on my feet.

"It's so hot here," She adds and I clear my throat.

"Sure, the gym is always hot with muscular physiques and it is even hotter when I take off my shirt." I deepened my voice to say that.

"Stop the dirty talk, you know what I mean," She replies, throwing me a punch on my shoulder with a sneer.

"I don't," I tease.

"I'm talking about everyone sweating and heat,"

"Oh!" I react and she rolls her eyes.

"Well, I would like to lift some weight," She states.

"Are you sure you have the power?" I reply, raising my eyebrows in doubt.

"Never underestimate me," She says and I chuckle a little.

"Let's use the machine then," I offer and we start making our way to where the weight machines are been placed. Getting there, I ask her to sit while I set the machine, intending to put in heavyweight.

My boss shows up in the process and I veer to shake hands with him.

"We didn't see you last weekend," Michael says. This makes me recall that Thursday evening was the last time I set my feet here.

"Yeah...you know..." I stutter, thinking about the excuse I'm going to make, knowing I spent most of the time with Karen. "Final semester is somehow stressful,"

"I know right," He replies. "I suggest you should be taking the weekends off," He adds and my mouth is agape in surprise.

"I'd appreciate that," I respond with a smile. The only reason I am happy is to be able to hang out more with Karen.

He nods okay and leaves our presence.

"Finally, days for my catering classes have been fixed," I say to Karen.

"Is that the reason you had to lie?" She replies.

"I learned that from you,"

She chuckles a little, shaking her head in disbelief. I adjust the machine to a heavier weight and I ask her to start to lift the weight.