Chapter V: Act IV

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Venti the Bard
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Paimon pouted angrily. "It's like there's no information on (Y/n)! Even Lisa herself said that (Y/n) is secretive about his life!" She complained.

Aether sweatdropped at his floating companion, but couldn't help but agree. There was little to no information on the (H/c)ette.

Paimon then turned to the blonde beside her. "Maybe Jean knows something about him? It looked like they were close back in Jean's office!" She states.

Aether shook his head. "We shouldn't pry too much into someone, Paimon." He retorted.

Paimon angrily huffed but mumbled out a quiet agreement.

The blonde stared ahead, remembering the short conversation that he and Paimon had with Lisa hours prior.

"Ms. Lisa?" Paimon piped up, capturing the said woman's attention.

"Yes? What is it, cutie?" Lisa asked, looking over at Paimon.

Paimon crossed her arms over her chest. "Do you know anything about that... elf boy?" She asked.

Lisa gave a look of realization before laughing softly. "(Y/n)?" She retorted.

Paimon nodded her head.

Aether bites into an apple while listening to the conversation that Lisa and Paimon were having.

Lisa gave an apologetic smile. "I don't know a lot about him, sorry. I do know, however, that he's quite a special case." She replied.

The blonde gave a confused look. "A special case?" He questioned.

Lisa hummed. "(Y/n)'s quite a mysterious figure, you can't tell if he's telling the truth or not! Is he really from Liyue? If he's not, where did he originally come from is the bigger question," she answered.

Paimon huffed lightly. "Is there at least someone who might know something about (Y/n)?" She asked.

Lisa blinked while thinking. "There might be..." She trailed off with a thoughtful look on her face.

The librarian then turned toward the two and gave an apologetic smile. "I'm not able to think of anyone right now, sorry." She apologized.

Paimon pouted softly but nodded her head in understanding.

Lisa waved her goodbye as she left the duo.

Paimon then turned towards Aether, who was finishing off his apple.

Aether blinked as he watched Paimon appear in front of his face with her hands on her hips.

"Paimon thinks we should ask (Y/n), himself!" She exclaimed.

✧˖*°࿐

Aether and Paimon could be seen heading up a set of stairs, the sound of talking capturing their attention.

"Isn't that Jean? Seems she's talking to someone... let's let her finish, then go say hi?" Paimon asked, noticing the said female with someone else dressed up in some disguise.

"...Which is what has brought us to this point in the first place. If you are unable to promptly deal with the Stormterror threat, then leave the defense of Mondstadt to the Fatui. We can put an end to Mondstadt's dragon issues. All we need to do is bring that monster to the–" the Fatui diplomat was caught off by Jean's annoyed sigh.

"Monster"?" Jean asked with a raised brow.

"Yes. What's your point?" The other rudely questioned.

"Ah... I'd expect a more professional attitude from your diplomats. Yet here you are saying you want to "put an end" to one of The Four Winds of Mondstadt? I won't have any of this nonsense in front of the Knights of Favonius." Jean angrily replied.