Chapter V: Act V

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Holy Lyre der Himmel
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"So this... "Holy Lyre der Himmel" is..." Paimon trailed off.

Venti grinned. "One of the most treasured items in Mondstadt. It's the lyre that Barbatos used to play. With it, perhaps I can help Dvalin draw his gentle nature back out of this nightmare he's going through." He states.

"Will it really stop Stormterror from causing more damage?" Paimon asked with a questioning look.

"Of course. I'm the best bard in the world. There's not a single song I do not know, no matter if it's from the past, present, or future. Look me in the eyes. Do you not find me trustworthy?" Venti asked, turning to look over at Aether and (Y/n).

(Y/n) mentally deadpanned. 'He's not doing a good job of keeping his secret.' He thought while giving a knowing look to the green-eyed bard.

"...just what is that in your eyes!?" Aether lightly accused when he saw the mischief in Venti's eyes.

"So how can we get the Holy Lyre?" Paimon asked with a raised brow.

"It's said that it's enshrined deep within the Cathedral, somewhere safe. I'll go take a look around. You can come if you want," Venti states before turning around and walking into the Cathedral.

Aether, Paimon, and (Y/n) shared a look before following him inside.

✧˖*°࿐

"Let me handle this... Hello there, Sister." Venti states before turning his attention to a female.

"May the Anemo God bless you, young bard. How can I help you?" Gotelinde asked.

"Actually, I know a secret that can save Mondstadt from its current predicament," Venti explained.

"Oh, what a blessing from the God of Anemo! But you should report that to the Knights of Favonius. Why have you come to me?" She questioned.

Venti laughed. "Hahaha, because you, dear sister, are able to help! I'd like to borrow... the Holy Lyre. With it, I'll be able to help Stormterror–" Venti explained before being cut off.

Gotelinde gave a tight lip smile. "Please see yourselves out."

(Y/n) crossed his arms over his chest and sweatdropped, watching as Venti did his best to coax the nun right in front of him.

Paimon floated over and plopped herself into (Y/n)'s arms, snuggling into the warmth that the said (H/c)ette's figure gave off.

(Y/n) gave a dot-eyed stare at Paimon, not noticing the small smile that slipped onto Aether's lips.

"What?" Venti asked in surprise.

"It's a vicious dragon indeed, but once the Acting Grandmaster makes up her mind, nothing can stand in the Knights' way." Gotelinde states.

"That's simply not acceptable. Wouldn't Stormterror end up getting killed that way?" Venti asked, giving a look of disbelief.

Gotelinde shook her head. "That foolish beast betrayed the winds. Not even the God of Anemo themselves would forgive it!"

"Oh... Please, I beg of you!" Venti pleaded.

"I'm afraid not, little bard." Gotelinde strictly replied.

'Strange... somehow I feel so bad rejecting this sweet child...' She thought.

"Then... I guess I'm left with no other choice. I cannot hide anymore! My disciples, rejoice! Behold, the God of Anemo, Barbatos has descended!"