Chapter 54

"Ah, thank you."

Catherina thanked Owen as he put a coat on her shoulders.

Owen just smiled at her.

The two of them were sitting on a tree while waiting for Duncan to reveal that she's still alive.

Owen was anticipating the situation using clairvoyance.

"I'm a bit nervous.." Catherina's voice shook a bit as she thought about what's ahead of her.

She wondered what all the people's reaction would be once Duncan announces her existence.

Inside that palace were countless nobles, her family, the royals... And Emma.

"Don't be nervous, Rina!" Blue appeared in front of her, flying cutely.

"We're here with you!" Scarlet lightly kisses her cheek.

"Don't worry, we'll take care of that bi- bitter woman!" Gold reassured.

"Yes! We'll kill her for you! I'll totally gouge her eyes at the end of this trouble and crush it afterwards!" Pink excitedly announced. As usual, she was unrestrained from her words.

All the fairies looked at Pink with malice. They couldn't believe that such creature was their sibling.

"Pink, let's talk for a bit." Blue, Scarlet, and Gold put Pink in a sack.

"Help-"

All of them then disappeared afterwards.

"Pft- they're so cute and funny." Catherina can't help but laugh at the fairies' words.

Seeing them like that made her tight chest feel less burdened now.

"There's no need to worry about something useless. Everything will be fine."

"I truly hope so. I hope that this will finally end." She leaned on his shoulder.

She only wanted to live peacefully in this life but she wasn't exempted from problems.

Catherina wondered why the supposed "kind, heroine Emma" treated her this way. She wanted to know the real reason behind all of this.

'She was kind to me at first though...'

"...!... He said it." Owen muttered.

"What?"

"Duncan. He finally revealed it." Owen pointed at his ears, indicating that he knew through hearing magic.

It was time to take action.

After all, this was only the beginning of their plan.

"Let's go."

"Hm."

At last, it was the moment to reveal Catherina's appearance.

.
.
.

"What?"

"Is it true?"

"My ears must be playing a trick on me."

"Catherina Dwight is alive?"

"Impossible."

People began to talk about what Duncan just revealed.

All the people were shocked but the most surprised ones were the royal family... and most of all, Emma.

*Thump* *Thump*

Emma wore a pale expression after hearing that announcement. "Impossible." She mumbled.

"Lady Catherina is still alive! And I am here to confess and reveal everything I know about it." Duncan announced.