Sixty-two

Omniscient

"Queen Ahsha?" A man called. Ahsha turned to see a guard holding her son. "Why do you have my baby" She asked going to take Nasir from his hands when another man came rushing up. "Your mates are fighting." He quickly said. Ahsha groaned before telling the guard to give her son to her designated nanny, Aida before she quickly followed the other guard.

As they got closer, she heard Ares and Malik yelling as well as Rafi. She walked into the room to see all the Ahmad men arguing and seconds away from coming to blows. "Why are we yelling?" She asked drawing their attention.

"You! You did this! Ever since you came into our lives you fucked everything up and now what's worse is you taken my wife—my mate!" He yelled as he stomped toward Ahsha. Before he could reach her, Ares and Malik were in front of her. "You didn't deserve our mom," Malik said. Rafi slapped him.

Before he or Ahsha could do anything, Ares had his hand wrapped around his father's throat. He slammed his father to the ground knocking the wind out of him. "Touch my brother again or try to hurt my mate I will rip your throat out," Ares spoke through clenched teeth.

"You choose her over your own father," Rafi huffed. "You were better off dead." He spat. Ares froze rage coursing through his body as his vision started to turn red. "Ares?" A muffled voice called out to him. His body went ridged when he felt her soft hand touch his shoulder. She cupped his face turning him, so he was looking at her.

Ares's jaw clenched. She leaned into him, her lips just barely grazing his ear before she spoke. "Either you can deal with him now and it is done. Or you let me handle him." She whispered before looking at him once again.

"Whatever you decide is okay." She said before letting him go. She took a step back and smiled. "Everyone step back," Ahsha called.

"What?" Jericho questioned. "Give them some room—Now." She ordered. Everyone stepped away from the father and son. Ahsha walked over to Malik examining his face. Malik looked at her as she did so, under her calm demeanor he could see how pissed she was.

"I'm fine," Malik told her grabbing her hand feeling how warm she was. She was trying to remain calm, so she didn't cause Ares to spiral. However, Ahsha was burning with anger.

She could very easily end Rafi's entire existence, but she had a job to do and that would just pile on to the mess that she would ultimately be left to clean up. She felt Ares's presence behind her before she turned. Ahsha looked around him to see his father laying on the floor relatively unharmed.

She looked back up at Ares seeing him already looking at her. "I made my choice." He said. She felt her face warm as Ares took a step closer, causing her to back up into Malik.

Her senses were quickly overwhelmed before she moved from between the two of them. "What happened to our mom?" Cairo asked drawing her attention.

Ahsha

I cleared my throat before I spoke. "Your mom was given a choice. Stay with her mate or be with a man she has loved for years. She made her choice." I said. "Our mom wouldn't do that. She wouldn't leave dad—her mate for some man. She loves him." Jericho said.

"The love she had for him wasn't enough. Don't believe me, ask your brothers." I countered. The two of them looked to Malik and Ares. "Dad was not a good guy." Malik began. "He didn't treat her well." He added. "Liar!" Rafi yelled.

"Be quiet," I said with a sigh causing his mouth to close tightly. "Mom said she loves her mate but not the man. She only stayed because of his demon which is saying a lot." Ares mumbled the last part.