Chapter 35 Axl ❤️ Licah

Axl's POV

We are back to work again. No matter how I ask Licah to stay at home, he won't agree, saying he only has two weeks left to work.

Fine. I can still wait. After that, no discussion, he will be staying at home. I need to fix everything too so I can set up my office on the second floor. In case he needs me, I can easily be there for him.

Does Licah hate working with his husband? He always ignores my messages when we are in the office. I put all the papers down back on the desk.
What if he fainted there? What if his stomach is aching or maybe he is feeling dizzy? I need to check to be sure.

I put away the papers that I need to review and went to the Finance department. I am worried about my Licah. He can't be tired especially since we are expecting a child.

The whole floor is quiet. When I entered the department's office, Licah was there busy with the computer.

"I keep on texting you. You are ignoring me. Are you perhaps mad at me? Did I say something that upsets you?"

Everyone turned to me. Maybe they are wondering who this dramatic boss is, standing in front of them.

"Baby, I am busy." Licah replied. "I mean, sir."

My wife didn't even spare a glance at me.

"Check your phone then. Message me from time to time. You are making me worried." I pressed the windows + L on his computer. "Look at me when I am talking."

Licah looked at me with a big question mark on the top of his head.

"I mean, look at me when I am talking, baby." I corrected my previous statement.

He stood up and whispered to me. "Why are you scolding me in front of my subordinates?"

"I am not. How about we eat and rest first?"

"It's not even lunch yet." Licah reasoned.

"I am the boss. Who would dare question my lunchtime? And you...you are my wife. You are eating with me. Let's go." No excuses. Licah needs to eat properly. He needs to be healthy. I wouldn't even mind if he does nothing in his station. I just allowed him to go to the office because he wanted it.

He said something to one of his subordinates. He then followed me.

"Why are you so busy earlier? Did your department head assign you work loads again?"

"Stop overreacting, I was busy editing photos the whole time. You were disturbing me." Licah said.
"I only have one task for my remaining days, and I know I can finish it before leaving. I am just staying at work because I know after this, it is impossible to have this job again. I want to focus on you and raising our son well. I want to be the best partner you could ever wish for."

"Baby, you are the best. No one can be compared to you. You are the most beautiful person on Earth. Just you beside me, I couldn't ask for more. You are my pretty baby." He really is. Licah is perfect. I wonder why he is so insecure about his look before. Even with glasses and braces at that time, I am so crazy for him. He is the real epitome of beauty. Wherever he is, he always stands out.

"No flirting during office hours." Licah clung to my arm. I caressed the top of his head. How beautiful?!

We went to a farther restaurant. I found out that the new one near my building is owned by his ex-boyfriend. I am not going to support that one. If I could just ask my employees to boycott that place, I would really do. That will be pathetic though. I am a businessman myself; I can't relate because even if they boycott all my companies, I can still confidently say that I am a multi-billionaire. I will never be affected.