29. "Getting sweeter."

Chapter Twenty Nine

Elena's POV

I woke up alone in bed. I bit my lower lip in dismay that Adonis already left early to work. Forcing myself, I sat down and leaned my back against the headboard.

The bedroom door opened and Mrs. Jones came in, holding a breakfast tray.

"Good morning, Mrs. Stavrakos, I'm glad you're awake."

"Where's Adonis?"

"Ah... the master just left," she replied, "he ordered breakfast in bed for you."

She put the tray at the side table near me. There were Croissant, waffles, ham and eggs, assorted berries, and coffee.

I noticed a single pink rose lying on top of a note. I picked it up and read the note.

See you at dinner. The Golden, 7:30PM.

A.

The Golden. It was a fine dining restaurant inside the Stavrakos Hotel in Manhattan. Celebrities and rich people would go there for a romantic dinner, and many men proposed to their girlfriends there for marriage.

The thought of having dinner with him outside the mansion excites me. I was expecting it to be romantic.

I smelled the rose, loving the beautiful scent that lingered in my nostrils.

"The master picked the rose himself from the garden," Mrs. Jones gave me a teasing smile, "he also smelled it before he put it on the tray."

"Oh!" I tried to hide the giddy feeling that brought a delicious sensation inside me. I smelled the rose longer, rubbing the petals against my lips, and smiling happily. He was so sweet.

"Your coffee is getting cold, madam," she reminded me, then she left the room.

As usual, my day in the office was very busy. But at five in the afternoon, I was home having a leisurely bath. Singing and dancing in the shower with one of my mom's favorite songs. I was just feeling so excited for the romantic dinner date.

🎵I'm feeling sexy tonight... I'm feeling good, I'm feeling quite alright tonight... I'll go dancing and whining... and loving him tonight...🎶

After my shower, I picked a sexy backless red long dress. I was feeling the pretty woman vibe that evening, imagining myself as Julia Roberts with a billionaire boyfriend.

Well, that was not too far, my husband is indeed a gorgeous billionaire like Richard Gere in the movie.

I put my hair down, just as Adonis likes it. A red lipstick to match my dress and gold stilettos.

Perfect! It's always better to be overdressed than underdressed.

I went down at seven, to meet Adonis in the living room. But to my dismay, it was his bodyguard, Hugo, who was there waiting for me.

"The helicopter is waiting for you, maam."

"Oh!" I was surprised that I would be taking a chopper to the dinner. Adonis must have prepared the night to be very special for us. My excitement increased, "thank you, Hugo."

The helicopter took me to the rooftop of the Stavrakos Hotel. My heart was filled with joy, when the chopper landed, and I heard the orchestra playing love songs. There was a red carpet from the chopper to the entrance of the dinner venue.

The door of the chopper opened, and Adonis was there looking so charming and gorgeously handsome in a dark suit, waiting for me.

My heart melted instantly and my knees turned to liquid the moment our eyes met.

"Hi, babe," he greeted me with a quick kiss on my lips, and took my left hand, as he helped me get down from the chopper, "you look so beautiful."

"Thank you," I smiled at him. Wasn't that the same line that Richard Gere said to Julia Roberts? "You look so dashing."

He smiled back, very tantalizing, making all my insides in riot.

We walked together through the red carpet, and the music from the orchestra was getting louder.

Oh my... just as I imagined. He's so sweet.

I tried to hide my giggle, and tightened my hold on Adonis' arm.

And then we entered the venue.

I was surprised. There were plenty of people waiting for us. All were in business suits.

"What's going on?" I asked Adonis.

"Babe, it's a company dinner."

I was so embarrassed, dressing up inappropriately.

"Why didn't you tell me it's a company dinner," I hissed at Adonis.

"I told you."

"When? I don't remember."

"Last night, when we were making love," he whispered.

"Oh shit," I cursed, "don't tell me important stuff like that when I'm arouse, I won't surely remember them."

He chuckled, so sexy, "you look great in that dress, Elena. You're so beautiful that my eyes popped out the moment I saw you. I want to kiss you so bad right now, but— it's not appropriate, everyone's watching us."

I smiled, warm feeling of joy overwhelmed me. The thought that Adonis liked what I was wearing, only mattered to me.

During dinner, I was seated at the right corner of a rectangular table with Adonis seated at the head, beside me. There were twenty two of us at the dinner table, except for me, they all wore dark or gray conservative business suits. I felt so out of place in my red backless long gown.

The food was served, one by one in a course meal. They were so delicious, that I ate much and forgot about my concern. The most important thing was, I was there to support Adonis.

The atmosphere was like a business meeting in a conference room, with Adonis presiding. The music I heard earlier was gone, I realized they were not a real orchestra but a centralized music one heard in all the lobby and toilet of the hotel.

The woman executive at my right side, talked to me once. She asked about the latest fashion trend, and when I replied, she nodded and seemed lost. I could read from her facial expression that she was not really interested in fashion.

It was not the romantic dinner date that I anticipated, but being with Adonis, was enough to make my night wonderful.

The night ended, and the pilot flew us back to the mansion.