Chapter 32 - The Awekaning

'Thought'
"Speak"
"???'s speech"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Dragonspine

Host has given command: Shut Down.
Kheanriah origin has been detected.

Commencing system Shut Down

..........

Rebooting Experiment Hjarta: [1.00%]"

~~~~~

"Dragonspine

Host energy has been recharged.
Host Memory: Drown has been activated.

Running Elemental Recharge System.
High traces of Element Cryo have been detected in the environment.
Elemental Recharge has been interrupted. Host Memories have been stored. Unable to restore."

~~~~~

"Liyue, Mt. Tianheng

Element Pyro has been detected.
Experiment Hjarta Condition: Unstable
Dispelling Element Pyro"

~~~~~

"Ocean, Alcor

High traces of Element Hydro have been detected in the environment.
Host Memory: Drown has been activated.
Host Memory: Drown has triggered Host Memory: The Awekaning.

Rebooting Experiment Hjarta: [99.98%]"

~~~~~

After you and Zaicim has kicked ass and throwed hands, you finished giving the letter and were now inside komore teahouse. You looked at Taroumaru, who was seated next to a cup of tea that had steam rising from it. "Now that we're here, where's Thoma? Paimon doesn't see him anywhere. You think he forgot our promise to us?" Paimon asked. "Who forgot their promise? I was beginning to think you forgot about me." Thoma's voice from the room behind spoke. "Wh-what?! Is that dog talking to us!?" Paimon asked shocked. "Hahaha, no need to look so surprised. Relax, I take it this is the first time you've seen me in this form?" Thoma asked from the backrooms/j "Where did the human looking Thoma go?" Aether asked.

"So you didn't see anything like this when you were in liyue harbour?" Thoma asked. "Ah, now that you mention it, this does sound less out of the ordinary." Paimon said. "I know a dog when I see one." Aether said as he crossed his arms. "I can hear him from the other room." Zaicim said. "Hahaha! Alroght, alright, I've had my fun." Thoma said as he walked out from the room behind the counter. "Hey! You're this close to getting an ugly nickname, mister!" Paimon said as she held up her hand with her her pointer finger and thumb one centimeter away from each other.

"Well, I've had some time to kill, given that I've been waiting here for you for so long, as was the case in Ritou. So I came up with this fun greeting for you when you arrived. But in all seriousness, I would like to apologize for that little test earlier. Though it was quite necessary. It helped us determine weather or not to bring you to miss Kamisato, and weather you had the courage to face the lightning alongside us." Thoma said. "Hmph, don't think that Paimon's gonna forgive you just because you're getting all serious now!" Paimon said with her hands on her hips.

"Haha, sorry, did I overdo it?" Thoma asked while scratching the back of his head. "So how did we do on our test?" Aether asked. "Let me just say this, you've often found yourself skirting the rules from the very beginning, haven't you? Naturally, this is due to your unwavering determination. A long time ago, we had a friend who was the same, but when lightning struck..." Thoma said as he trailed off at the end. "You mean Kazuha's friend..." Aether said. "Ah, so you've heard of this story... his light still burns brightly." Thoma said. "So can we meet eggyaka or not?" You asked. "They asked if we can meet eggyaka." Zaicim translated while Aether and Paimon looked at you in confusion. "Wait, you can understand cats?" Thoma asked as his eyes sparkled. "See what you've done Zaicim?!" Paimon whisper yelled. "Nah, only this one. They built different." Zaicim said while pointing at you. "How nice! But I wonder who eggyaka is?" Thoma asked while you snickered.

"Anyways, can we meet the shirasagi himegimi?" Aether asked. "Yes, of course. I will bring you to the Kamisato Residence, where the yashiro commission is located. But before that, there was one other place I was hoping you would accompany me to." Thoma said. "Oh? Where?" Paimon asked. "I would like to take you to the statue of the omnipresent god. It's still under construction, but you can see it from practically anywhere on Narukami island." Thoma explained before you exited the teahouse to go to the boobaless statue of the booba god.

You looked up at the statue while the three peeps beside you conversed with each other. Now that you actually looked at it, although the wing things on it's side where the visions were stored could be seen beside the electro archon in the cutscene, the person the statue was based on looked nothing like Baal. Their hair was different, and they had no booba. You noticed a stone necklace around the neck of the statue, the ornament on it bearing close resemblance to an eye of the storm. "This bitch looks nothing like ball." Zaicim turned his head to look at you. "Ball?"

(but like actually tho, who tf is the statue)

~~~~~

Tighnari tapped his finger against the wooden surface of the table. His mind was preoccupied about the random h/c that popped up on his desk, meowed at him, and then left. As much as it sounded like some hallucination or fever dream, he was sure he hadn't taken anything to create such hallucinations, and the messy papers and stray strands of h/c fur were definitely not hallucinations since everyone else saw them. Their tail even knocked over an ink bottle and spilled it all over the table right before they teleported away. How thoughtful of them.

He doubted it was some undiscovered species of cat. It looked exactly like the usual domesticated house cats people kept as pets, but it could teleport. He could only assume this was someone's pet with the ridiculous backpack costume it wore. People always enjoyed dressing up their pets in some of the most hideous pieces of clothing he has ever seen. Other than that, the most notable part of the cat was the yellow four pointed star on it's forehead. Either the cat was selectively bred to have interesting marks or the marking just happened somehow by luck.

He put his hand on his chin in thought. The cat had probably teleported back to it's owner, whoever that was. "Just who exactly even has access to such a cat...?" He doubted it was any of the forest rangers, he was confident they would have informed him if they found a teleporting cat. "Master Tignhari, a sick adventurer that ate a death cap was found and your assistance is required immediately!" Collei's voice ahouted with panic and urgency from the doorway. "SOMEONE ATE A WHAT!?"

~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry abt the shory chap. Yall are prob getting shorter chaps bcs school is an ass