Ch 597: Second Chance For Terra

"You saved Ifrit."

After saying this, Saria waited for Lin Ye to react. She expected him to smile, glad that they managed to not disappoint him. Ifrit did mean a lot to him no matter how much that child would disagree. She even expected Lin Ye to become serious and ask her to explain herself even further on what she meant, she was ready for that too. Every scenario that she came up with in her mind about how this man would react, she had plans to deal with.

However, all of that was useless.

Why?

Because Lin Ye did not react like how she imagined he would.

The man that changed her life and the people around her was just standing in front of her motionless. His face did not give her any clues about what he was thinking. It was completely blank. Saria waited for him to say or do anything, thinking that her news might have shocked him.

However, that was not the case.

After what felt like a few minutes of her waiting, Lin Ye still stood still and said nothing to her. It was up to the point that she was getting worried now.

Not being able to bear it any longer, Saria broke the silence, "Lin Ye? What's the -."

She did not get to finish her sentence as Lin ye moved. With a speed that surprised her, Lin Ye went close to her and hugged her around the neck. This made Saria's body tense at the sudden contact.

"Lin Ye?" She asked confusingly.

Lin Ye pulled back from her and smiled.

"Sorry," He chuckled, "Was just excited to hear. The body moved on its own."

Although Saria was confused, she nodded numbly at him. That was sudden, Saria did not expect Lin Ye to be someone that gives out hugs.

As she was thinking this, the warmth that Lin Ye left on her body still lingered. It was surprisingly comfortable.

What was I thinking just now?

Saria caught herself thinking this random thought. Luckily, she did not get a chance to think about it more when she heard Lin Ye talking.

"So? Is it right of me to guess you are done? You made the L-Reagent perfect?" Lin Ye asked, "Is that drug ready for mass production?"

Although on the outside he seemed calm and collected, on the side it was a different story. He was doing a little dance in his mind and shouted the loudest he could inside.

They have done it!

They really did it!

They made a cure for Oripathy.

In his mind, he was glad that he took the risk and asked Olivia and Saria to join their research. The risk that he took was showing results. And they were better than what he expected. With the two of them now in the team, it only took a couple of months for them to improve the drug that took Warfarin two years to make.

Were they better than Warfarin? Looks like a hundred years' worth of experience can't be compared with the determination of two parents for their child.

If so, Lin Ye really could not wait to rub this fact into that damn vampire's face.

Sadly that idea was kept as a dream when he saw Saria shaking her head at him.

"Sadly we are far from perfecting the cure," Saria explained, "The best we could do is to lessen the side effects."

Lin Ye hummed and drummed his finger on the table near him. He needed to think. After a while, he stopped and glanced back at Saria.