Chapter 16: The End Of His Journey

Nana's POV (5th January 2006)

It was just right after the New Year's celebration when the next Toman meeting was about to be held at our usual gathering spot, the Musashi Shrine, and in that upcoming session Manjiro and I decided to talk about some important things to everyone in Toman, especially regarding the case of what went down in the night of Christmas with Taiju Shiba and the Black Dragons.

"Manjiro..." I softly spoke up from beside the said boy as he and I sat quietly in the doorway of the shrine, waiting while the others gathered around at the foot of the staircase. "Are you sure about the decision regarding Kisaki...?"

Before the meeting was about to start, Manjiro and I decided to go through all our plans alone and discuss some important stuff together in which one of that important stuff happened to be Kisaki and Hanma's involvement in the Christmas conflict with the Black Dragons. After that whole conflict came to its conclusion followed by the passing of the New Year's celebration, Mitsuya and Chifuyu informed Manjiro just a few days ago about what happened on that very snowy night and how Kisaki was heavily involved in this whole Shiba family mess.

"Hmm, I am..." Manjiro replied with a small head nod while he held a soft yet neutral expression on his face.

And this made me give him a confused look in response.

"What made you change your mind all of a sudden?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "You didn't listen to either me or Keisuke a few months back. What changed?"

"After Chifuyu and Mitsuya informed me everything about the Christmas incident and told me what went down and how it happened, I gave a whole lot of my thoughts into it. Baji has always been skeptical about Kisaki and his motives. He was ready to sacrifice his own life just to save us, everyone, even if that leads to throwing Kisaki out of Toman. And there was you who always told me not to trust Kisaki... I think trusting Kisaki was a big mistake and I want to make things right again..." Manjiro stated before a soft angelic small bloomed into his features, causing me to smile back at him as well.

"I'm glad you're finally realizing that now, Manjiro..." I responded before I heard Draken calling us from the staircase.

"Mikey, Nana, we're starting the meeting now!" Draken called out.

Upon hearing those words, Manjiro and I wasted no time and walked over to the staircase to join Draken's side with Manjiro standing in the middle of me and the taller blonde boy.

"First meeting of the year!! Of all members of the Tokyo Manji Gang will now begin!!" Draken started to talk to the crowd. "Toman and the Black Dragons faced each other in conflict. We originally had a peace agreement but that failed. It was caused by discord between the brothers, Hakkai Shiba and Taiju Shiba. Toman clashed with the Black Dragons on Christmas claiming victory after a hard-fought battle. Three people here today will discuss this matter with everyone! The first person, Hakkai Shiba, to the front!!"

After the call, Hakkai walked up to the top of the staircase and faced the crowd before speaking up finally.

"It all started with a stupid little lie I told... To keep up that little lie, I dragged my family... I dragged Toman into it. Then the problem grew bigger, resulting in the conflict between Toman and the Black Dragons. I'm responsible for all of this, everyone. I'm sorry." Hakkai stated in a loud tone which was laced with confidence yet guilt and shame.

Hearing his words made me happy and glad as Hakkai was finally able to overcome his problems and past traumas and was accepting his mistakes without holding anything back. He knew he messed things up pretty badly but at the very least he had also built up the courage within himself, to tell the truth to everyone in today's meeting. Hakkai was growing up as a person and that was important for him to become someone stronger, both mentally and emotionally.