Chapter 82 : The Resolve Of The Weak

Season 4 : Chapter 5

Kei Karuizawa POV

Alright. Today is the day, I guess. A huge part of my facade ends today which would result in the freedom and the emotional welfare of not just a part of me, but  a lot of other students as well.

Today, I'll break up with Hirata-kun and free him from this unnecessary burden.

I still vividly remember the day that I 'confessed' to him. At first, I never cared about him. The only reason I decided to approach him in the first place was because of his handsome face and his great personality.

The moment Hirata-kun introduced himself, I knew that he was the one. He will be the Leader of this Class and  will be the one to represent us to other classes. I came to realise the fact that, he was, without a shadow of my doubt, the one who could protect me from my past catching up.

That's why, when Ayanokouji declared on the first day that he wanted to be the Leader of Class-D, I was the very first person to protest against him. If I was completely honest, it didn't matter to me whether Hirata-kun or Ayanokouji became the leader ...

But I also knew of the fact that most of the girls would take an already popular Hirata-kun's side over a less popular Ayanokouji. So before anyone could protest, I started the propaganda against him with my brazen, raspy, gyaru-like voice just to show that I had the most vocal power among all the girls and that I won't put up with any of his shit.  

I acted towards him exactly like how my oppressors acted against me at first. I felt a lump of bile rise in my throat but I didn't break my facade. In a way, I couldn't. Because I knew that in order to protect yourself from others, you can't be the meek, helpless person that you once were.

That night, I told Hirata-kun about my entire past. About all the different ways I was tortured day in and day out. How I was slapped, kicked, punched, cu-

No ..... I don't want to remember that day. My hand slowly went towards my waist as I visibly cringed at the sensation of the wound I was feeling with my hand.

That day, hearing my story, it was as if he experienced something similar in any way, I saw Hirata-kun tearing up at my story, before he accepted the proposal of being my 'Boyfriend' where he will use his social power and get along with everyone, while I leech of his popularity like a fucking leech and cling to him everywhere I go.

In a way, all those months, I felt utterly disgusted with my pathetic attempts at grasping at any hints of relevancy I could, while being the spoilt, rough-mouthed, 'beautiful', harsh 'girlfriend' of the kind, handsome, nice Hirata Yosuke.

I knew that none of my classmates actually liked me, and I mean why should they.... All this time, I acted like nothing but an absolute bitch to them .... but for me it was fine, as long as I was safe.

Or that's what I thought..... The day where I had an actual conversation with Ayanokouji for the first time, I realised just how delusional I actually was all this time.

This 'fake' persona of mine made others dislike me already, which might result in creating future enemies. Hirata-kun was someone who never believed in violence or never wanted to ...

And as a person who has been subjected to violence for most of her life, I knew very well that not every situation can be dealt with peace. So I couldn't just rely on Hirata-kun for my safety. I needed to learn how to rely on myself.