Chapter V: Act VIII

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Stormterror's Lair
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Aether, Jean, Diluc, Paimon, and (Y/n) could all be seen walking back in the direction of the Dawn Winery.

Thinking about something, Paimon turned her attention to (Y/n). "Hey (Y/n)?" Paimon piped up, glancing up at the male that she was currently snuggled up into.

(Y/n) hummed lowly, allowing the child to continue what she wanted to ask.

Venti, Aether, Jean, and Diluc were silent since they wanted to listen to the conversation between the two behind them.

"Paimon was wondering what type of books people get annoyed at, but love at the same time?" Paimon questioned.

(Y/n) gave a dumbfounded expression when he heard that. Just where in the fucking hell did Paimon hear about that?

Deciding on one of the most amusing romance themes, he decided to speak. "I would probably say slow-burn romance," (Y/n) simply answered.

Paimon tilted her head at that answer. "Why?" She continued to ask.

Jean held back a laugh knowing how much (Y/n) despised talking about anything related to romance.

(Y/n) gave a dot-eyed expression before releasing a heavy sigh. "It's probably because some readers want their favorite couples to kiss right then and there, but realize that they can't because of plot building at its finest," he answered.

Paimon just nodded her head, acting as if she understood every single word that the (H/c)ette had spoken.

Jean looked out the corner of her eyes and noticed how both Aether and Diluc held a similar look in their own eyes, which amused her even more.

She could tell how hard the two had fallen.

And did she want to out them? Yes. But would she? Nope. She would out (Y/n), though.

✧˖*°࿐

Diluc crossed his arms over his chest as he released a heavy sigh. "The Abyss Order... Enemies of the human race. Even the underground networks rarely come across any information on them. With that said, it was a bit of a hassle, but I managed to dig up a few clues," he states.

"Really? That quickly? You are well connected, Master Diluc." Venti states in silent amazement.

"Come to think of it, Mr. Big Anemo God Barbatos – why exactly do you need the help of mere humans...?" Paimon asked with a raised brow towards the archon.

Venti sneakily glanced at (Y/n) in silence, surprised he hadn't told Aether and Paimon of the (H/c)ette's predicament of not being a mere human.

(Y/n) silently gulped but said nothing while staring down at his shoes.

"Ahh... How do I put it... "The Seven" as people now know them, were once known as "The Seven Archons". Each archon presides over their own part of Teyvat. That is the role the archons play. Only in performing this duty can we attain power, but I don't like the idea of "ruling" Mondstadt – and I don't feel Mondstadt would really like it either," Venti answered with a thoughtful look slipping onto his face.

"Go forth and establish a city of freedom without rule". We have not forgotten Barbatos' wish for Mondstadt," Jean quoted.

"Jean... You're such a devotee! Maybe someone got a little too free and is just too lazy to care..." Paimon states, calling out Venti.

(Y/n) covered his lips with the back of his hand, doing his best not to laugh at the insult.

Venti pouted a bit. "Ahh... However, it may have come to be... I haven't been back to Mondstadt for an extended period of time. Without a doubt, I am now the weakest archon among The Seven!" He retorted.