033 Senior Scribe

Thirty Three, Senior Scribe

                          Luna had been back in the real world for a total of three days. To say things were weird, it definitely was. She felt things stronger than before, her urges were deadlier. She was deadlier. A smug look sat on her face as her gaze lingered on the two story house, all the lights were out, lone car in the driveway. It looked empty, a dead beat home. Almost abandoned, lonely.

     Luna stared at the door, and with a flick of her wrist .. her claws sat perfectly & sharp. With a sigh, a claw fell into the key hole, turning gently — till she heard a click. The girl pushed the door open gently, and she was met with silence. The girl closed the door, eyes screwed shut as she listened for a heartbeat.

Listened for a heartbeat ... since when could she do that?

Eyes fluttered open as her gaze landed on the staircase, she climbed gently, stairs creaking from under her. At the top of the stairs she was met with the moon through a glass window, her eyes rolling. "Yeah, guess what bitch, I'm still here." Full moons didn't seem to be a struggling bother anymore ..

For now, anyways.

Marie Sage's room was dead silent. And the moon watched contently as Luna's blue glaciers flickered to white with red heartbreak lines down the middle. Luna's gaze lingered on her mother, faced down on her bed, sprawled out wildly. Sadly.

Luna snatched up at a lone chain belt in the messy room, the soft clatters of the metal didn't seem to even faze Marie .. she probably thought it was the storm coming through. Luna bit at her lip softly, claws gone. Her finger gently tucked her mother's hair behind her ear, "momma, hi." Marie Sage's eyes snapped open, and Luna could smell the alcohol fading from her breath from downstairs. "L-Luna! No, it can't be .. you were — you are dead."

Luna beamed, a broken gasp rippling from her mother as the chain belt was wrapped around her neck and pulled back ever so harshly. "As dead as I'll ever be." And in a matter of moments, like magic, and struggle .. Marie Sage's air faded away. Lungs collapsing and giving up. And Luna, she didn't even feel at all bad. Should she?

 Should she?