039 Not Our Success

Thirty Nine, Not Our Success

                  There was black butterflies swirling around in Luna's glittery red tummy; she was sick to her bones. She hated Eichen House — and what they had done to Stiles the beginning of Junior year. She loathed the place. "Luna, I'm going with you." The girl frowned, leaning against her boyfriend's doorframe.

"I think this is a horrible ideas — plus! Everyone thinks you're sick!"
"Slightly under the weather."
"Stiles."

The boy huffed, slipping on his jacket with a wince — Luna frowning. "Look, you don't have to come, Mal isn't coming either. It's not a squad get together, okay?" Stiles rolled his eyes, "Malia's not going because she knows that place is a nightmare asylum or insanity and death, okay. Let's go." Luna hummed, "and you're proving my point as to why you shouldn't come—"

"I'm not letting you go in that place alone, okay? I'm not leaving you." The girls shoulders seem to sag, Stiles marching right past her.

Luna sighed, hands lingering in the back of her low rise jean pockets. Her hip knocking into Stiles' slightly. The boy was off, off a lot, no doubt about it. "Please empty your pockets into the container."

"We're here to see—"
"Please empty your pockets into the container."

Luna huffed, moving up and dropping her phone into the clear box first — her friends following suit. "Break or lose that phone, you're buying me another one." The man's jaw clicked, eyes scanning the girl up and down — a cold chill running up her spine as she grimaced. Stiles noticed the man's preying stare. His hand wrapping around the crook of Luna's elbow, the girl stumbling back slightly. Now standing behind him.

Luna's eyes widened slightly from behind Stiles, her hand slipping around his wrist. Her hand didn't fully cover his wrist, it would never — her hands were dainty and delicate. Despite all the hell they've caused. Stiles' gaze landed on Luna than to where her blue ocean eyes followed suit. The clip from the poles in the library sat in the box, Stiles heart dropping. Luna's hands slipping into his, "it's — it's fine." Her words were mere whispers as the group moved along.

Luna's mouth fell open as Stiles & Lydia walked ahead — her, Scott, & Kira stuck behind. Luna's heart flattering. "You gotta be shitting me.." Stiles turned, gaze locked on his girlfriend.

The orderly spoke, "you didn't think you were all going, did you?"

"It's mountain ash, isn't it?"