The Final Epilogue

Three Years Later

"Amelia! Get in here!"

The loud voice came from down the hall, stealing my attention away from the wide open cardboard box of my books. A hobby I had recently acquired, one that Dante decided he hated because I spent more time reading and swiping his credit card than I did around him.

"What?" I scream back.

Our voices echoed throughout our new empty house. One that took months of fighting for on the market. Placing bids and raising them, just praying we were the ones who came out on the top.

And we had been.

Only after we placed a three million dollar bid.

The house was an old Victorian that had a whole lot of history that I couldn't wait to unravel from within. When Dante and I had started our search, finally wanting a home and not just a house, we were open to really anything.

Then we stumbled upon this absolute gorgeous Victorian in the suburbs around the city and were completely sold. It had a wrap around porch which Dante reminded me was the deal breaker.

The hardwood floors creak under my weight as I make my way down the hall, picturing it filled with family photos and warmth.

Growing up with virtually nothing of my own but a backpack, the idea I had two full floors and an entire house to furnish and love, is overwhelming. But I absolutely can not wait.

"Yes?" I finally reach my husband who stands by the large kitchen island with his hands on his hips and legs crossed.

I envy his natural ability to look effortlessly gorgeous without trying. We've been moving in for hours now and I knew for a fact if I looked in the mirror that I may scare myself into next year. I need a shower, or a long bath. Or both.

He stands straight, dropping his arms from his hips and takes a step towards where I stand in the entryway between the kitchen and the hallway.

It takes him two short strides before his body heat surrounds me. I look up to his scowling face and smile brightly. Always so moody.

"Tell me you didn't bring that box of books up yourself." He narrows his eyes at my own before dropping his gaze to my stomach.

His large hands find the small swell of my belly in a protective caress and it sends shivers down my spine. Covering his hands with my own I look down at them both.

"If I tell you no, will it make you any less angry." I say while looking up at him through my eyelashes.

"Amelia. You know what the doctors said." One of his hands slips behind me gripping my back while the other stays protectively over my stomach.

"Yes. And I barely lifted it. There were only a few books in there, it wasn't that heavy!" I explained.

It's true. The books I had carried upstairs were just my current reads, ones that I put on my nightstand. There were only about ten and they were all paperbacks. Very light!

"I'm going to kill you." His words are threatening but the teasing smile that pulls at his lips is anything but.

I pull him as close as possible and he meets me halfway, sealing our lips together in our very familiar heated kiss. He's warm and familiar and never fails to make my heart race.

His arms close in around me and pull me as close as possible, but not close enough as he leaves some room for the now growing baby in my stomach.

His tongue teases at my own and I open wider allowing him in like always. I run my own hands through his hair and over his biceps, squeezing as I do.